2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Very Reliable well built car!
By Jaxflguy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since new, this car has not had one issue or problem. There is not a squeak or rattle to be found. Very reliable comfortable car. Safe. You can't go wrong for the price with these cars. Proud to own another Ford and will purchase one again!

Oh My 2004
By MWOhio on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just only 11 miles. I've only had to do regular maintenance for her. I've traveled from state to state and no problems. She's paid off now and I want to upgrade/customize her. I looked into buying a new Taurus, but I'd rather alter the current one I have and be payment free. I love this car.

A very reliable car
By DTMAN on 06/18/10 14:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

Great for long drives
By Pat on 03/29/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Taurus because it was a reliable used car. It is a good car so far. The longer I own it the more I like it. It is a big comfortable car with very good gas mileage. I get 29 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 22 mpg. Last winter I had a problem with water leaking into the passenger floor. It turned out to be shoddy workmanship from the factory. This is a good car but Ford needs to keep improving on reliability. They are catching up with the Japanese and I think they can surpass them if they choose to do so.

My Third Taurus
By kimbah on 02/15/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

A very good car
By Doug on 02/10/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Currently have 175,000 miles and have had no problems. Replaced the tires and battery. I have not even needed brakes. 29mpg on the highway. I hope I can drive this car 400K.

Nice ride
By Heavy one on 11/16/08 09:14 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the car. I have 2 complaints- bad gas mileage and the leather seats are uncomfortable, especially with the cup holder up. I am a large guy and my leg falls off the seat. when the cupholder is put away the car is great.

A Winner
By JLS on 09/24/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SES has the Duretc 24 Valve and on the highway at 2000 RPM consistently delivers 32 MPG - in town it fluctuates from 25-27 MPG. Leather seats comfotable, even for my 6'5: frame. At 2000 miles the check engine limit came on and the dealer replaced the entire gas tank and gage system. No problems since. At 61,000 miles the trnasaxle seal leaked and the dealer replaced it no charge. 1st Saturday of every month gets oil changed, tires rotated etc. Very good vehicle.

Been about a year now
By Mike J on 09/19/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus about a year now and have been very happy with it. I have not taken any trips and do all in town driving averaging about 20 mpg. The ride is comfortable and inside and trunk are roomy. Since I bought this car at a used car dealer, the prices have actually gone up about $1,000 asking. Not bad for what some call a throw-away car.

Drive it until it dies
By Scottj04 on 06/21/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Economical, roomy and wonderful highway feel. Bought it in 2006 with 18K miles and have had little problems. Mostly highway driving (60 mile rural commute) I average 390 - 420 miles on a tank. Twice got 455 miles with still 18 Miles to E! The duratec engine is a fuel-sipping work horse. Highway performance is adequate, and even with four people and luggage (that all fit comfortably), the car still gets wonderful gas mileage! City mileage has gotten horrid. 1 week of it showed about 250 miles to a tank. and transmission seems to be slipping slighty at only 57K. A/C also robs engine performance. Staying with regular maintanence, this car will last forever!