2004 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent value.
By khc410

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus wagon used 2 years ago . I get 28mpg on highway. No major problem over the past 2 years. In addition to trip odometer, the dash also shows mpg and miles to empty fuel. I found those very useful. Traction control and ABS added peace of mind. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

Super Car
By Photopros

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best car I have ever owned. Cold Air, Safe comfortable ride, good gas mileage. At 100,000 miles I had to put a new serpentine belt on it, along with a starter, but that is all so far. We use it every day for whatever we need. We are still happy with this car. So stable it saved us from a rollover on a rainy night, when we missed a turn, and had to make a sharp turn at 60 miles per hour. This is a super car. Going strong at 120,000

Favorite Features

Safe, reliable, runs good

Suggested Improvements

Make doors easier to shut

Good Car - Wish they still made wagon
By D

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We really enjoy this car. Bought it used 18 months ago, the transmission did need rebuilt after we owned it for 1 year with only 66,000 miles on it, but we got a great initial price on the vehicle. Runs great on the road and handles much better than the MiniVan it replaced. Good gas mileage 23 on highway with family of 5 and car topper.

Favorite Features

3rd seat.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they still made it.

2003 Taurus Wagon SE
By ken

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Taurus wagon SE used from a dealer in NC. It was originally a rental with 6000 miles on the OD. It has performed very well and has required no more maintenance than that required at regular service intervals. It handles well, and has good acceleration. Plenty of room in the cargo area. The only two bad things to say is, 1) the panel material above the rear door arm rests has come loose and required repair, and 2) the luggage rack bumpers on the roof all have a small separation crack of approximately 1/8 inch, about mid-length on each one. It gets good gas mileage and is fairly comfortable on long trips. It is a very reliable vehicle and great for a family of four.

Favorite Features

Power adjustable pedals and power driver seat.

Suggested Improvements

Interior door material above arm rests should be made of same material on the rest of the interior of the door.

SE Wagon, GREAT work and family car!
By Oscar

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SE wagon has the Duratec engine and is very strong. It has several upgrades, such as power seat, pedals, windows, CD, etc. It has been both a work and family vehicle, and I have been most impressed with it. It has plenty of power, room, and I can haul anything and everything in it or on top of it. (roof racks). I travel MUCH with my job and have placed 65K miles on this in 1.5 yrs. NO SERVICE PROBLEMS! It is comfortable considering that I ride up to 5-6 hours at a time. Style is a little "basic", but certainly fine. The only negative that I see is depreciation. Value drops FAST from NEW status. Excellent used car buy. I have had several "used" and for the money, they cannot be beat.

Favorite Features

210 HP Duratec engine. Not your "fathers" station wagon! This pup will run!

Suggested Improvements

2004 did not come standard with the 3rd row seat, as did the earlier models. The 3rd seat should have been standard. Why have a wagon and not have the extra seat? I purchased the seat and added it myself.

Taurus Wagon
By Garret-1008

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 1990 Towncar that was used for fishing and around town, needed something that would carry all the gear. The Tuarus Wagon fits the bill perfectly.Also the wife likes the adjustable pedals, and the grandkids love the 3rd seat.Had one problem, a bad fuel injector which was replaced by the dealer and is now running good.A fun car to drive, but a little rough over some road bumps.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, easy in and out due to low seating, for older persons, SUV's are to high to climb up into. This wagon fits a special nitch. Hope ford does not stop making it, as planed. Adjustable pedals, 3rd row seats

Suggested Improvements

None.....except maybe a little smoother ride.

Ford Wagon
By THWSR

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 97 Taurus on the 2003 Taurus wagon. This model was chosen due to our need to combine extra space and decent gas mileage. Price was an option and resale value not important as we keep our cars for a long period of time. Personally, I don't think you can beat this model for reliability, room, comfort and price. We did not buy new vehicle but chose a program car with 13,300 miles on it. This saved on cost & depreciation. Having had a van in the past we wouldn't be getting 24mgp as we are averaging in overall mileage. Very satisfied with this vehicle! A good sensible vehicle!

Favorite Features

Adjustable pedals was an important consideration as my wife is short. This way it is safe for her to drive as she is proper distance from steering wheel. Also like electric drivers seat & electric lock features with keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

None- We desired the lower horsepower engine (155hp) over the Duratech model as it has been very reliable and gives enough zip in our opinion for driving.