2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2004 Tardus
By bsr2 on 06/15/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Taurus SE 3.0L. I paid $400 for it. Second owner. I put new rear brakes in myself for $124. I bought the car at 209000. It's now up to 306000, all highway km. The windows quit working at one point, simple design flaw in the boot between car and drivers door. 10 min fix have windows working. This car will not stop. Still doesn't leak oil, shifts nice. The car is still tight. It's alright for comfort and the road noise is rather quiet. I doubt I'll buy another, but this car doesn't owe me a dime.

Thanks to this car, 5 people survived a rollover crash....
By flymetotheisle on 11/05/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big fan of this car...Nothing much to write except that it is because of this Ford Taurus SEL that our whole family is alive right now......We survived a rollover crash and all came out without a scratch...the car was considered totalled and with the safety features that Ford has installed in this vehicle I am alive right now to write about it...amazingly to say the least...Thank you....

Excellent value.
By khc410 on 10/14/11 07:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus wagon used 2 years ago . I get 28mpg on highway. No major problem over the past 2 years. In addition to trip odometer, the dash also shows mpg and miles to empty fuel. I found those very useful. Traction control and ABS added peace of mind. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

Very Reliable well built car!
By Jaxflguy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since new, this car has not had one issue or problem. There is not a squeak or rattle to be found. Very reliable comfortable car. Safe. You can't go wrong for the price with these cars. Proud to own another Ford and will purchase one again!

Dependable Taurus? not so much
By Luna on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years ago, one other person had used it, it had about 15,000 miles on it but it was in very good condition. My parents told me it was a dependable car, and since I was 22 at the time I knew so little about cars and trusted their judgment, and knew I it would take me a while to get through college, so dependable seemed ideal. Even if I was already a little wary of Fords, and the color is awful. A year and a half after I bought it we paid $800 to fix a problem with the transmission. Now it appears the transmission may need fixed again, maybe even replaced. It has difficulty shifting gears, which can be nerve wracking when you are trying to get onto a freeway.

Best Station Wagon Ever
By Alex on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. It is very practical, comfortable, and smooth running. This car really shines on road trips because there is a lot of room for people and baggage. The roof rack is adjustable and comes in handy. A 6'2" tall person can sleep comfortably in the back when the seats are folded down

Oh My 2004
By MWOhio on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just only 11 miles. I've only had to do regular maintenance for her. I've traveled from state to state and no problems. She's paid off now and I want to upgrade/customize her. I looked into buying a new Taurus, but I'd rather alter the current one I have and be payment free. I love this car.

A very reliable car
By DTMAN on 06/18/10 14:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

Super Car
By Photopros on 06/16/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best car I have ever owned. Cold Air, Safe comfortable ride, good gas mileage. At 100,000 miles I had to put a new serpentine belt on it, along with a starter, but that is all so far. We use it every day for whatever we need. We are still happy with this car. So stable it saved us from a rollover on a rainy night, when we missed a turn, and had to make a sharp turn at 60 miles per hour. This is a super car. Going strong at 120,000

Ford replace GM - mistake
By 8thstbridge on 04/13/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Whistle noise from drivers side doors; worst gas mileage of any car I have owned *including a '67 GTO! 46K - just replaced STARTER. Water on floor mats; someone else had same problem - factory MISSED a windshield seal & dealer just over stuffed with silicone sealant. Poor side door design, R Side Passenger window regulator failure already and when going through drive throughs and any winter driving or in rain, when you put the window down - all the rain etc. comes in on power buttons at armrest. Windshield washer hoses to spray heads have both cracked and had to be replaced....