This is my 8th Taurus
By Johnny Mano on
2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I own a 2003 ses. I bought it with 40,000 miles for $9,500. It has all options except leather (I swapped the leather seats with my 2001 that I gave to the kids, it had 125,000 miles).I currently have 135k and am thinking about giving it to the kids. In all that time I have only done the brakes once as well as the stabilizer links. I completely tuned it recently. Since day one the transmission has hesitated when I started (when the car is hot) so I've learned to drive off easy. I average 22 mpg consistently on a tank of gas. I did notice the wheel well had some bubbling paint. Everything about the car is average,consider it's cheap and easy to fix. I own a 97, and 2-98's that my kids drive, I love them
Favorite Features
sun roof, black paint and spoiler. I have the console shifter and alloy wheels. the fold down rear seats enable you to carry 8" 2x4's. Good in the snow excellent a/c. I love that it starts every time and runs smooth especially on the highway at 70 mph.
Suggested Improvements
Interior wind noise. Heater tube (carries coolant through the firewall into the heater core) rusts out,part $80 from dealer. Drum brakes in the rear,a nightmare to do yourself though I have done it. Getting the drum off is almost impossible. FYI you cant change the alternator on the 24v yourself!