2003 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Family Car

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

LX Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great Family Car
By joesix on

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I bought the base model LX because I wanted a mid size no- frills car with a solid reputation and good looks. The finish while not made of expensive materials is tasteful and well laid out. The paint job is awesome! All controls are where they should be. The base engine while not a tire burner has adequate smooth power delivery. This car like every one I have owned has its quirks. When cold the clutch is grabby. The AC system puts out the occasional weird smell during Oregonís rainy season. It would be nice to have heat to the windows without having to have the AC on. The trunk release seems a little cheap.

Favorite Features

The finish is clean and conservative but current. A sixth seat up front is great when we have a visiting relative to cart around. We regularly average upwards of 30 mpg hi-way. Ford did a great job of making this car feel like I spent more than I did.

Suggested Improvements

More power, Cruise control, a CD player, and resolution of the issues above are about it. I didnít buy a $30,000 car, I know that. I did, however, get what I paid for.