2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: A Completely Disposable Car

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

A Completely Disposable Car
By Rollthebones on

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my only Ford car, and most certainly my last. Fords are not long- term cars. I bought the car from my employer off lease, dirt cheap (I drove it during lease). I have never spent so much repair money on a car with so few miles. Visually, the car is still in great shape. Paint and interior are perfect. The engine (base 3.0 V6) is quite underpowered, gets pitiful gas mileage, and is in need of a trip to the dealer for repair every few months. My GM (Buick) and Nissan cars have never cost me this much money in repairs. At 77k, I've repaired rain leaks on passenger floorboard, oxygen sensors, cam shaft sensor, and had transmission serviced 3 times. This is totally a disposable car.

Outside styling, trunk space, exterior convenience lights under mirrors, super low price as a used car.

Gas mileage for the 155-HP, 3.0 V6 is terrible (23 mpg combo city-hwy commute daily). New, this car was pretty good. With age, it is a maintenance monster. The car is meant to be sold to fleets and recycled immediately after lease end.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review