2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2003 Taurus SEL
By vettetan on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a great Chrysler Concorde for the Taurus, not disappointed in any way. Excellent ride, handling, quietness and comfort.....I am in sales and purchase my own cars, I can put 700 miles on in a day and feel comfortable in a multitude of driving positions....sound system is excellent.....would not hesitate to recommend to anyone including Honda owners....I have had 6 Honda Accords and this Taurus equals any of them!

Not Bad!
By JNOEL on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had the car since April 1st (april fools day) Not the exact model I wanted. Got suckered into a black model instead of metallic blue, but at least I got leather seats and heated mirrors. Whoopee! (sarcasm) I wish that Ford would use a different tire company than Continental. They go flat if you look at them wrong! My '94 Taurus had more pick-up than this, but it also got reallly bad gas mileage. Traction control is a good idea. My Jeep slips all over the road if it's even sprinkling outside. The Taurus holds to the road really well with the TC.

Ford Taurus 2003 SES Deluxe
By GLandears on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this auto 1 year ago. I am 52 years old and by far this is the best automobile I have ever owned. It handles very well rain or shine.I would recommend this automobile to everone who wants a very comfortable ride and a great handling vehicle !! The only engine to get is the 24 valve DOHC !!

Best Bang For The Buck
By dpmeersman on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable ride, good economy, complete with leather, moonroof and all the features I wanted in a new car. I looked at Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and to get one of these cars equipped as the Taurus is I would have payed $24,000 & up. For $17,900 i got the car I was looking for with much smaller car payments then I would have thought. I can live with the rental car stigma while I'm enjoying the savings.

Quality Car and Excellent Value!
By tomny67 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an easy car to drive. It has a good, solid feel on the road. I find the driver's seat very comfortable and the interior is extemely quiet. Since I've only driven this car 2200 miles, it's too early to rate in terms of reliability but I'm impressed with its initial quality. The car was put together flawlessly in Atlanta. In my opinion, the Taurus is the most handsome- looking family vehicle on the market today.

good ford
By Bruce on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive about 33000 miles a year. so far the car hasnt given me one problem. but thats a Ford

Loved th 2000, Love the 2003
By Ceejayp on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Taurus. This time I went for some luxury.Leather seating, floor shift, spoiler and sunroof.I purchased the spruce green color.All in all I am thrilled with my car.My husband is an auto mechanic, the only imput he had was with the engine.He did not want me to get the Duratec engine.The 3.0 has plenty of get up and go.So if you want a good dependable and pretty car, this is the car for you.

Underrated
By CanadianTaurus on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Taurus I've owned and have been impressed how much better this car is compared to the 1999. I have had the car for 16 months and not one mechanical problem. I love the ride of this car and the reliability of it. My brother's 2002 Altima is always in the shop, not my Taurus! What luxury at a great price.

Not too impressed
By buckwheat on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Taurus, and overall is a decent package. Since new, it didn't idle smooth, ran rough, and surged when stopped in gear. After 400 miles Ford replaced half of the fuel system and fixed a rattle in the front inner fender. These are common issues. The first 4k or so I never got better than 20 MPG, but now I get 19 mpg city/ 24 mpg highway and average 22 mpg overall. The biggest gripe I have is with the seating. After driving long periods of time gives me back trouble. The root of the issue is the driver’s floorboard. As it comes back to the drivers seat it narrows and leaves little room.

By imadj on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We own a 2003 SEL "Loaded" Not only do we love the car, it must haved loved us. We were resently in an auto accident and I thank God that we were in a Taurus. The saftey fram saved us along with the side and front airbags. I have already put my request in to buy another "2003" Taurus. my rating is "Great" 100%