Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2003 Taurus
By torqrench

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 03 SES used at 1 year old and 12,500 miles, wife wanted it. It's OK for basic transportation, does nothing exceptional, but does everything OK. I have never been a fan of Taurus seats and I think they're uncomfortable. The interior layout is good, but the fit & finish of interior materials is average, at best. Mechanically, the only complaint is the HVAC blower motor went. Problem was a Ford design flaw that allowed water to run down into the motor. I called Ford, awful customer service rep. and despite Ford publishing a Tech Bulletin on this problem (TSB 04-15-3) and selling a "rainhat extension" for $20, they would not fix the problem as the car was 3 months past warranty.

Great Value
By Rick in Saint Louis

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to buy a used car with about 40,000 miles. I looked at the Accord and the Camry. I couldn't find either for under $15,000. I found a great looking 2003 Ford Taurus for $8,500. I love the car. It drives great, looks good and I have an extra $6,500 in my wallet. Check out Consumer Reports on the 2003 Taurus as well. I wanted a reliable car and while I've only owned it two months, I have NO regrets. This is one great value.

Favorite Features

Exterior, stereo, drive, cost, huge trunk.

my review
By Mike

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, acceleration, quality, interior, speaker system, compass, and climate control. I could go on.

Suggested Improvements

None. Ford outdid themselves on the SEL deluxe edition.

Love the black Taurus
By Jaivanti

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this 2003 SES for a little more than a week. It is really fun to drive and has plenty of power to move when I need it to. I have only owned one other car, a 1993 Cougar, (graduation present), however I am really happy with the purchase of the Taurus. It's a great family car with a little sport too!

Favorite Features

Power moon roof, 24 valves dohc. Of course, the rear deck spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Way better sound system.

Good Value, Good Mileage
By Terra

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage, especially as a person on the interstate a couple times a week. Interior colors and design are very pleasant, but the seats are terribly uncomfortable! In fact, after about 30 minutes in the car, my back is wrenched. I also drive a Chevy on occasion, and I don't get that problem. Mileage: 22city, 26 highway.

Favorite Features

Interior design, radio placement, smooth ride, nice handling for such a large car, HUGE TRUNK!

Suggested Improvements

MORE COMFORTABLE SEATS! Personally I dislike the strange exterior design.