Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great value
By Kathy

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the smooth ride. Others have also commented how it's like riding on glass. Also have had comments that the car is sharp. I also checked into cost of insurance before purchase, was pleased at affordability.

Sunroof is a bit squeaky when opening and closing

2003 Taurus
By torqrench

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 03 SES used at 1 year old and 12,500 miles, wife wanted it. It's OK for basic transportation, does nothing exceptional, but does everything OK. I have never been a fan of Taurus seats and I think they're uncomfortable. The interior layout is good, but the fit & finish of interior materials is average, at best. Mechanically, the only complaint is the HVAC blower motor went. Problem was a Ford design flaw that allowed water to run down into the motor. I called Ford, awful customer service rep. and despite Ford publishing a Tech Bulletin on this problem (TSB 04-15-3) and selling a "rainhat extension" for $20, they would not fix the problem as the car was 3 months past warranty.

Great Value
By Rick in Saint Louis

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to buy a used car with about 40,000 miles. I looked at the Accord and the Camry. I couldn't find either for under $15,000. I found a great looking 2003 Ford Taurus for $8,500. I love the car. It drives great, looks good and I have an extra $6,500 in my wallet. Check out Consumer Reports on the 2003 Taurus as well. I wanted a reliable car and while I've only owned it two months, I have NO regrets. This is one great value.

Exterior, stereo, drive, cost, huge trunk.

my review
By Mike

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Moon roof, acceleration, quality, interior, speaker system, compass, and climate control. I could go on.

None. Ford outdid themselves on the SEL deluxe edition.

Love the black Taurus
By Jaivanti

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this 2003 SES for a little more than a week. It is really fun to drive and has plenty of power to move when I need it to. I have only owned one other car, a 1993 Cougar, (graduation present), however I am really happy with the purchase of the Taurus. It's a great family car with a little sport too!

Power moon roof, 24 valves dohc. Of course, the rear deck spoiler.

Way better sound system.