2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car for the money
By Shibble on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car! Impressed with the gas mileage and comfort of the vehicle. Runs great and feels very solid on the road. Very comforting to know of the high safety rating - hope I never have to use it! All of this and I paid 10,500. at the dealership for this one year-old car!!! Unbelievable value.

Supprisingly Powerfull
By softwareguy on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 4000 miles and now it has 8000. So I haven't had it long but I have been suprisingly happy. It seems to have a very good power kick and rides rather smooth. Very roomy, especially the trunk. Handles well for a mid-priced sedan. The Taurus has much more room, features and power for the money. The items I don't like are the front end design (which has been around forever) and the Tachometer is an ancient style that is hard to read at night. And probably worst of all is that annoying seat belt warning indicator that won't stop ringing unless you have your belt on at all times when the car is moving.

A Steal of a Deal
By BuckwildSLC on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car last month in the waning days before Christmas and have been more than satisfied. Leather, moonroof, 16,000 miles, and an extra 6 year powertrain warranty for $13,200? If you're smart, go to your Ford dealer and find one of the certified cars just as I did. Ignore sticker price (mine said $21,395). If you want to avoid the rental car look, opt for the floor shift, leather and moonroof and you'll be sitting pretty. These cars can be found all over and as long as you're not picky about color (grey and white only), you'll save thousands. As for the resale value, if you intend on keeping the car for 8-10 years, does it really matter?

Not a bad car
By beerman on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall it's a good car, the price was right I only paid $16,500 for it brand new fully loaded with a sunroof. I went to Nissan, Honda and Toyota and they couldn't even offer me a deal like that. Not to mention that they didn't even offer any good rebates or military discount. So I highly recommend this car to anyone. It's a great family car. By the way I'm not some old person I'm 24 years old. I just like practical stuff out of life.

Great for the money
By kdbct2003 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent all around car for the price. The SEL Deluxe package makes this car stand apart from the bread and butter Hertz rental car look. It's classy with wood and chrome accents... a poor mans Lincoln. I sold a 1996 Volvo 850 GLT for this because it was available on a company plan. I have no regrets, the Ford is far more reliable and packs a lot more punch under the hood. Paid $19,500 on X plan with a rebate and think it is worth every penny.

Great Family Car
By joesix on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I bought the base model LX because I wanted a mid size no- frills car with a solid reputation and good looks. The finish while not made of expensive materials is tasteful and well laid out. The paint job is awesome! All controls are where they should be. The base engine while not a tire burner has adequate smooth power delivery. This car like every one I have owned has its quirks. When cold the clutch is grabby. The AC system puts out the occasional weird smell during Oregon’s rainy season. It would be nice to have heat to the windows without having to have the AC on. The trunk release seems a little cheap.

Tom1861
By Thomas E Goddard on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased my second Taurus. Like the feel and ride. Would buy again.

J. A. "Geno" Stork
By Jean Stork on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I FIND THIS TAURUS TO BE AN EXCELLENT AUTOMOBILE. IT'S FUN TO DRIVE, HANDLES REAL NICE AND VERY LITTLE ROAD NOISE. ONE THING I REALLY HATE IS CLEANING THE INSIDE WINDSHIELD. A VERY SMALL MIDGET WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT IMPROVEMENT. ONE PROBLEM I HAD RECENTLY WAS THE IGNITION KEY WAS INSERTED AND WOULD NOT TURN, EITHER WAY. I PUT IT IN AND PULLED IT OUT ABOUT SIX TIMES BEFORE I COULD START THE CAR. NO FURTHER PROBLEM WITH IT...THANK GOD.

2nd Taurus
By hkiley on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got great deal but made mistakes!!!! Ford offer a teaser rate got two k off that. But I thought I was getting a fully loaded SEL and after purchased out found out that the passenger seat was not powered and ford had eliminated the center heating and air conditioning unit for rear passengers. This is my Second Taurus and just use for work. The deal was great the buying experience bad. My mistake I didn't check the options list. Also didn't ask for the full spear tire. The car value disapears as soon as you drive it off the lot.

2003 Taurus SEL
By vettetan on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a great Chrysler Concorde for the Taurus, not disappointed in any way. Excellent ride, handling, quietness and comfort.....I am in sales and purchase my own cars, I can put 700 miles on in a day and feel comfortable in a multitude of driving positions....sound system is excellent.....would not hesitate to recommend to anyone including Honda owners....I have had 6 Honda Accords and this Taurus equals any of them!