Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Yellow Glove Treatment
By JIM MADDEN

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my Taurus with the DOHC engine and leather interior. I thought that there was a design problem with the fuel pump as I personally changed 3 in three years of ownership. On installation of the 2nd pump I bent the float arm so my gauge has been incorrect for almost a year. So this time I completely removed the tank from under the vehicle, carried it to the garage bench and low and behold I found a yellow workglove floating inside the gas tank. This car must have been built on a Monday with a disgruntled worker assembling the gas tank.It should run a little better without the restriction on the suction side of the fuel pump? Note: the interior dimensions are kind of small for a carsobig

DOHC V6. Leather seating. Smooth quiet ride. Fuel economy (23 mpg average although my 97 Marquis with a 4.6 V8 gets the same or better)

4 wheel disc brakes on the SEL models. Better utilization of space. Keep building the Taurus Not the Edsel (ie ford 500)with a Taurus name tag! It amazes me how consumers can be so duped.

Go buy a Buick instead
By jake's Dad

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL off of an indivdual with 73K on it back in June. What a mistake. The starter went out on it 2 weeks after I bought it. Then the brakes, then the ball joints, then the wheel barrings, then the blower. All in all I have spent 2,000 on this car since I bought it. I am ready to sell it and get a cheap little Honda or Toyota. I drive 30 miles one wa to work and the gas mileage at HWY speeds isn't great. Extremely disappointed with that. Gets 18 in the city and at best 23 on the highway. If you go domestic, get a used Century or LeSabre

Great Car
By John

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus SES in May 2004. It only had 16,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. Never needed anything other then one set of brakes and oil changes and I now have 80,000 miles on it. I never got the great gas mileage a lot of others I know did but still reliable. It's got the v-6.

Very reliable and comfortable.

Can't really say much. Been happy with the car. Better gas mileage but that's it. My wife's SUV gets a couple of miles better mileage to the gallon.

2003 Taurus SE
By Mick

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus SE has easy turning ability, and the 3.OL.2V 6 CYL engine is very powerful even for interstate driving and climbing up steep hills. It starts quickly and has "get up and go" after 30,000 miles, and looks shiny good.

Good gas mileage

Avoid dash reflection in windshield under certain light conditions

Happy car
By aipo86t

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Taurus used one year old for $11K. It had 20K miles on it, 32 months later it has 96K miles. The only non-scheduled maintenance work done on the car was two TSB’s when I got the car one for rainhat extension and one for a noisy serpentine belt tensioner, both done under warranty. I find the seats the most comfortable of any car I’ve owned. The car does everything well, nothing fancy just a good honest car. The base engine could use a bit more power when car is fully loaded but is willing and happy. Car is great in the snow. With three kids in college I’ve traveled in all kinds of weather from Vermont to Minnesota and always felt safe and in control, great value for the price.

Comfortable seats. Reliability.

More power in base engine. The 24V Duratech I hear is very good. Car rides low in rear when fully loaded.