2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford SES
By xpcdr4d on 11/12/04 16:49 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 03 Taurus SES about a month ago. So far I am very pleased. It cost me KBB wholesale from a rental car co and had 28K on it. Very comfortable driving and it got 31.5mpg on a recent trip to my amazement. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

love this car
By roy vexler on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great car, only complaint is resale value!!! buy it to keep it and get extended warentee as cheap as can so u can drive care free till payed for. had car 4 15 months and lost 5,000.00 on depreachation allready!! and i got it at ford x price!!! we will keep till payed off and see how we still like it, by then will be worth only 6-8 thousand.

Great Value
By Swyler on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After one yr and 22,000 miles, I have no regrets about owning this car. No problems with the car; very comfortable.

the best car ever
By steve60516 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is the best car ford ever made. i recomend 1,000%

I LOVE this car!
By delsinger on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for about 1/2-year but it has totally exceeded my expectations. I never expected to get a family car that was so comfortable, dependable and still visually appealing with a lot of features for such a small price. ($10,995 for an SES with 14,000 miles) We recently started looking at other cars in the same class for my husband but nothing has come even close to the value of the Taurus. A dealer offered us a 2003 Sebring which was a tight squeeze, not as visually nice and with less features with 14,000 miles on it for $17,000. We bust out laughing. We'd buy another Taurus instead and use the money we saved to pay off the first one!

not so satiafied
By RMOsborne on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Taurus is lacking in head room, visability to the right of center suffers because the rear view mirror is too low. The rear suspension is very weak. The rearend squats with only mild acceleration. The rear sags when the trunk has anything in it or when adults sit in the back seat. The brakes aren't very good, we had to have the rotors turned 3 days after we bought the car because of a pulsating brake pedal. The car is nice looking and it is fun to drive partly because it has a sunroof and I like to drive with it open. The stereo is awesome (Mach audio w/cd changer).

love my taurus
By cmac on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Taurus and I love the way it handles. The price was right for the features and the quality is there.

Taurus SES 200 HP
By gga on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although I have not had this car a long time, it has surely proven itselt. My biggest surprise is its power to go up hills, and it drives throught corners like they are not even there. This is a nice car, I just wish the gas mileage was a little better.

Price makes it better than imports.
By Jefferson Airplane on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have not owned car long. I like most features of the car. The best is the price. Program car with 18,000 mile with only a one scratch for $9,900 before taxes. Car, tax, & title for only $10,800. Car has 3yr or 36,000 miles warranty. I like Honda's, Toy's, and Nissian's but I could buy two or maybe three Taurus's for thier price.

Great car, Great Price
By Kelli in Cal on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have test driven everything on the market. I drove a Ford Taurus as a lark and to my surprise, loved it! Truly one of the nicest cars out there and the price was fantastic. Very solid feeling, safe, and yet the SES has zip and great feel of the road. I suggest if you are in the market for a great used car that you drive this. You'll be surpised! A very under- rated car.