Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Go buy a Buick instead
By jake's Dad

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL off of an indivdual with 73K on it back in June. What a mistake. The starter went out on it 2 weeks after I bought it. Then the brakes, then the ball joints, then the wheel barrings, then the blower. All in all I have spent 2,000 on this car since I bought it. I am ready to sell it and get a cheap little Honda or Toyota. I drive 30 miles one wa to work and the gas mileage at HWY speeds isn't great. Extremely disappointed with that. Gets 18 in the city and at best 23 on the highway. If you go domestic, get a used Century or LeSabre

Great Car
By John

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus SES in May 2004. It only had 16,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. Never needed anything other then one set of brakes and oil changes and I now have 80,000 miles on it. I never got the great gas mileage a lot of others I know did but still reliable. It's got the v-6.

Favorite Features

Very reliable and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really say much. Been happy with the car. Better gas mileage but that's it. My wife's SUV gets a couple of miles better mileage to the gallon.

2003 Taurus SE
By Mick

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus SE has easy turning ability, and the 3.OL.2V 6 CYL engine is very powerful even for interstate driving and climbing up steep hills. It starts quickly and has "get up and go" after 30,000 miles, and looks shiny good.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Avoid dash reflection in windshield under certain light conditions

Happy car
By aipo86t

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Taurus used one year old for $11K. It had 20K miles on it, 32 months later it has 96K miles. The only non-scheduled maintenance work done on the car was two TSBís when I got the car one for rainhat extension and one for a noisy serpentine belt tensioner, both done under warranty. I find the seats the most comfortable of any car Iíve owned. The car does everything well, nothing fancy just a good honest car. The base engine could use a bit more power when car is fully loaded but is willing and happy. Car is great in the snow. With three kids in college Iíve traveled in all kinds of weather from Vermont to Minnesota and always felt safe and in control, great value for the price.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More power in base engine. The 24V Duratech I hear is very good. Car rides low in rear when fully loaded.

Great value
By Kathy

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the smooth ride. Others have also commented how it's like riding on glass. Also have had comments that the car is sharp. I also checked into cost of insurance before purchase, was pleased at affordability.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof is a bit squeaky when opening and closing