2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2003 Taurus SES Sedan
By JacknCali on 05/15/05 01:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Taurus . Good, reliable vehicle with surprisingly good gas mileage on the highway. Low maintenance cost. Disappointing rate of depreciation. Seats are uncomfortable.

It's BASIC family transportation.
By M.Nicley on 04/07/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family has owned several Taurus's and Sable's. All but the '86 Sable were great. All were bought new, all lasted through my parents driving, and me and brother's "Hot Rodding" teenage years. My most recent one is a 2003 SES. It is a nice BASIC family car. If you want luxury buy a Lincoln LS. Have had no problems with the car, other than a couple recalls. The bucket seats and floor shifter make you think its a performance sedan, but it's NOT!. Great to get groceries and go to work in. Took it on one 500 mile trip, and immediatey realized why people with two kids get an SUV. Oh, if you buy one new, plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

My New Bull
By rental ralph on 02/17/05 22:45 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our mint 2003 SES was a real steal at $10.1K, including tax and tags. This ex Hertz/IBM company car looks and drives new. Great choice for a family car. Roomy, solid build, rugged engine and a very smooth transmission. No rattles, squeaks or groans. Doors, hood and trunk all close with little effort. Suspension does a nice job in taking the jolt out of NYC’s best potholes. Very controlled at speed with little wind noise and little effect from cross winds. No problem passing buses and 18 wheelers.

2003 SEL Taurus
By Carpoof on 02/16/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this vehicle. It is very smooth and overall there have not been any problems with it. It feels much more solid than the older Tauruses.

Love my Ford
By karni on 01/11/05 02:02 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One year ago I was shopping for a car. I think I got a deal, and purchased an almost new, fully loaded 2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition beauty with 7000 miles on it. Paid $14,000 plus $1500 premium extended warranty for 6 years or 75,000 miles. She was reliable. Love this car. I replaced factory tail lights with Altezza euro tail lights so she looks cool now. It still looks sharp on the roads; you might see many copycats around, as Hondas, Lexus and Toyotas. They are not fast enough to copy Focus and Taurus. If you are looking for Taurus, Duratec engine is a must. You will enjoy good acceleration.

Good Bull 03
By Tom Batz on 12/30/04 15:09 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 model I have has been very dependable and very comfortable. Good family car with good performance on highway and local roads.

2003 Taurus SES Sedan
By mwp201 on 12/28/04 22:45 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 Taurus SES sedan. It is a great car..for two reasons..roomy and the price. I also LOVE the power for a 200 hp engine. I recommend this car for people who are on a budget and want the power.

Ford SES
By xpcdr4d on 11/12/04 16:49 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 03 Taurus SES about a month ago. So far I am very pleased. It cost me KBB wholesale from a rental car co and had 28K on it. Very comfortable driving and it got 31.5mpg on a recent trip to my amazement. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

love this car
By roy vexler on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great car, only complaint is resale value!!! buy it to keep it and get extended warentee as cheap as can so u can drive care free till payed for. had car 4 15 months and lost 5,000.00 on depreachation allready!! and i got it at ford x price!!! we will keep till payed off and see how we still like it, by then will be worth only 6-8 thousand.

Great Value
By Swyler on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After one yr and 22,000 miles, I have no regrets about owning this car. No problems with the car; very comfortable.