Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

lots of car for the money
By Ray in Erie

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Taurus now for 4 years, and am absolutely delighted with it. I have about 105000 trouble free miles on it. The only problem I had was the remote keypad on the door went bad, and that was replaced under warranty. It gets great mileage on the hgy (27mpg). with the price of gas I sometimes think of trading it for a 4cyl Ford Fusion or similar vehicle, but their mileage isn't that much better than the V6 in my Taurus.

Leather interior, reliability, beautiful styling

Can't think of any. Hope to keep it another 100000 miles.

My Taurus
By Kadarius Hart

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my Taurus on the freeway, I pass everyone. And the brakes are great. It is even good in quiet neighborhoods it won't wake up anybody.

My favorites are the moonroof and leather interior

I would improve the trip meter to digital

2003 Tarus
By Paul

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is an excellent value. Dependable, fuel efficient(28MPG highway)and comfortable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone

Exterior styling is a home run

Making the 4 valve motor as standard equipment would be the only thing lacking

Yellow Glove Treatment
By JIM MADDEN

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my Taurus with the DOHC engine and leather interior. I thought that there was a design problem with the fuel pump as I personally changed 3 in three years of ownership. On installation of the 2nd pump I bent the float arm so my gauge has been incorrect for almost a year. So this time I completely removed the tank from under the vehicle, carried it to the garage bench and low and behold I found a yellow workglove floating inside the gas tank. This car must have been built on a Monday with a disgruntled worker assembling the gas tank.It should run a little better without the restriction on the suction side of the fuel pump? Note: the interior dimensions are kind of small for a carsobig

DOHC V6. Leather seating. Smooth quiet ride. Fuel economy (23 mpg average although my 97 Marquis with a 4.6 V8 gets the same or better)

4 wheel disc brakes on the SEL models. Better utilization of space. Keep building the Taurus Not the Edsel (ie ford 500)with a Taurus name tag! It amazes me how consumers can be so duped.

I've owned 4 Taurus'
By 3-fords

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All around this is a great car. You can't beat the trunk space without getting an SUV. Cloth seats could be more comfortable. I have leather seats in my Taurus sedan that are way better. Great car with seating for 8 if you're small enough. Strong engine with no problems anywhere on the car. Biggest complaint is that the color shows door scuffs.

Seating capacity/ trunk room