2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
"Worth the money"
By Madison,WI. on 09/21/05 05:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus SE with 28,000 miles. It now has 33,250 miles and I have already had to replace the steering rack and front rotors. Luckily Ford paid for it. Since I only paid $10,000.00 for it I think it is worth the money. It has a solid ride feel. It also has good pick up and passing abilities for the standard 155 horse V6. I really like the 6 disc cd changer audio system. For a car with rental car status I think this was a solid buy choice. Remember that rental car companies wouldn't buy cars that they would have to fix or repair often. I would recommend buying this car since it will be going out of production in 2006.

Overall, A Great Car
By Joe on 09/11/05 06:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 1 year with no problems. My only problem is that after only 1 year and 12,000 miles, the car is not worth anywhere near what I owe on it.

Company Car
By bstephens on 05/27/05 09:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You know, this car isn't quite as bad as I had originally thought it would be. My company gave me this car 8 months ago and I handed over my '97 Honda Accord to my brother. First let me say that the Taurus drives nowhere near as well as the Accord did. It's too sluggish. When I punch the gas to try to pass someone it always hesitates. The engine revs up for a few seconds before it kicks in and goes. Also, when I have the A/C on the belt is always chirping. My fiance has a 2004 Accord EX that just blows this car away. I don't understand how Ford could ever expect to compete with a Toyota or Honda and win. We definitely drive the Accord on trips together. Goodbye Taurus.

2003 Taurus SES Sedan
By JacknCali on 05/15/05 01:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Taurus . Good, reliable vehicle with surprisingly good gas mileage on the highway. Low maintenance cost. Disappointing rate of depreciation. Seats are uncomfortable.

It's BASIC family transportation.
By M.Nicley on 04/07/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family has owned several Taurus's and Sable's. All but the '86 Sable were great. All were bought new, all lasted through my parents driving, and me and brother's "Hot Rodding" teenage years. My most recent one is a 2003 SES. It is a nice BASIC family car. If you want luxury buy a Lincoln LS. Have had no problems with the car, other than a couple recalls. The bucket seats and floor shifter make you think its a performance sedan, but it's NOT!. Great to get groceries and go to work in. Took it on one 500 mile trip, and immediatey realized why people with two kids get an SUV. Oh, if you buy one new, plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

My New Bull
By rental ralph on 02/17/05 22:45 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our mint 2003 SES was a real steal at $10.1K, including tax and tags. This ex Hertz/IBM company car looks and drives new. Great choice for a family car. Roomy, solid build, rugged engine and a very smooth transmission. No rattles, squeaks or groans. Doors, hood and trunk all close with little effort. Suspension does a nice job in taking the jolt out of NYCís best potholes. Very controlled at speed with little wind noise and little effect from cross winds. No problem passing buses and 18 wheelers.

2003 SEL Taurus
By Carpoof on 02/16/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this vehicle. It is very smooth and overall there have not been any problems with it. It feels much more solid than the older Tauruses.

Love my Ford
By karni on 01/11/05 02:02 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One year ago I was shopping for a car. I think I got a deal, and purchased an almost new, fully loaded 2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition beauty with 7000 miles on it. Paid $14,000 plus $1500 premium extended warranty for 6 years or 75,000 miles. She was reliable. Love this car. I replaced factory tail lights with Altezza euro tail lights so she looks cool now. It still looks sharp on the roads; you might see many copycats around, as Hondas, Lexus and Toyotas. They are not fast enough to copy Focus and Taurus. If you are looking for Taurus, Duratec engine is a must. You will enjoy good acceleration.

Good Bull 03
By Tom Batz on 12/30/04 15:09 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 model I have has been very dependable and very comfortable. Good family car with good performance on highway and local roads.

2003 Taurus SES Sedan
By mwp201 on 12/28/04 22:45 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 Taurus SES sedan. It is a great car..for two reasons..roomy and the price. I also LOVE the power for a 200 hp engine. I recommend this car for people who are on a budget and want the power.