2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Car
By jdfds9 on 04/13/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. First off, the look of it is what first attracted me. It's dark grey, with a great looking spoiler on the trunk lid and alloy wheels. Overall a great looking vehicle. It has a nice smooth ride, and great handling. Comfortable bucket seats, roomy back seat, sporty floor shifter. Quick, smooth acceleration and shifting. A strong runner, holds its own on the road and good mileage to boot!

Great car, awesome value.
By johnfinson on 03/16/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First of all I bought this car with 42,000 miles and drive it everywhere and don’t drive it nice. I have 144,000 on my Taurus now and it drives like new. I service it and it keeps running. My wife’s Honda Accord has seen the shop endless times with 33,000 on it. Buy American, better cars, better value, more comfortable and they're all worth the same in 10 years.

2003 Ford Taurus SE
By Paul on 02/15/06 22:22 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly good suspension and handling. Even better on winter Michelin X-ice tires than on original Continental Touring Contact tires. However, old but reliable OHV Vulcan engine lacks the vigor of modern OHC engines. Additionally, the transmission has been mated to the engine for economy and upshifts too eagerly, what robs the car of dynamics even further. Sufficient and well modulated brakes stop this heavy car with confidence even with drums at rear. Body fit is below average with poorly designed hinges and locks. I had to spend a few hours just to adjust all doors to my standards. Overall reliability seems to be good providing that a basic maintenance schedules are being kept.

IF only the brakes worked!
By daisyq07 on 01/23/06 15:51 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior color gray is kind of boring. But my huge concern is the brake system. If I have to stop quickly and I press down on the brakes, it will stop THEN keep going after it stops! It is very scary and I feel totally unsafe. I had them checked 3 times and each time I was told that it is just the way the car is. Be very careful if you get this car! It is very roomy. The seats are not comfortable after a short ride. It is kind of sporty looking and can switch lanes quickly, which is nice.

Best Value on the Market
By David on 11/09/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I actually decided to buy a Ford Taurus after I had rented several. For the money there is no better car. A lot of features, smooth ride and sporty, yet family oriented looks. I have put a lot of miles on this car in a short time and have had absolutely no problems.I am very impressed with the amount of quality Ford put into this car for the price they sell at. The handling and response of the Taurus is outstanding. It has kept me out of several accidents.

Taurus
By tx on 09/25/05 02:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car itself runs pretty ok. I have some brake issues, nothing that a good brake job or stopping a good 5 yards away from the car in front of me can't fix. But tis expected when the car has over 100,000 miles on it.

"Worth the money"
By Madison,WI. on 09/21/05 05:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus SE with 28,000 miles. It now has 33,250 miles and I have already had to replace the steering rack and front rotors. Luckily Ford paid for it. Since I only paid $10,000.00 for it I think it is worth the money. It has a solid ride feel. It also has good pick up and passing abilities for the standard 155 horse V6. I really like the 6 disc cd changer audio system. For a car with rental car status I think this was a solid buy choice. Remember that rental car companies wouldn't buy cars that they would have to fix or repair often. I would recommend buying this car since it will be going out of production in 2006.

Overall, A Great Car
By Joe on 09/11/05 06:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 1 year with no problems. My only problem is that after only 1 year and 12,000 miles, the car is not worth anywhere near what I owe on it.

Very smooth ride
By David E. Johnson on 07/04/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a reliable used car and I test drove several. The comfort and road handling features of my Taurus Wagon were hard to duplicate in other vehicles. I have put a lot of miles on the car and it has held up very well. Lots of room too.

Company Car
By bstephens on 05/27/05 09:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You know, this car isn't quite as bad as I had originally thought it would be. My company gave me this car 8 months ago and I handed over my '97 Honda Accord to my brother. First let me say that the Taurus drives nowhere near as well as the Accord did. It's too sluggish. When I punch the gas to try to pass someone it always hesitates. The engine revs up for a few seconds before it kicks in and goes. Also, when I have the A/C on the belt is always chirping. My fiance has a 2004 Accord EX that just blows this car away. I don't understand how Ford could ever expect to compete with a Toyota or Honda and win. We definitely drive the Accord on trips together. Goodbye Taurus.