Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Very Pleased
By quinner

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39000 miles two years ago. Now has 69000 miles. No complaints with how the car has run so far. Roomy enough for a family of 4 with power enough to pass somebody while getting 26-28 mpg highway. I even drive it on our hunting roads where only trucks dare to travel, handles great. Stock CD player works great and has nice sound. Heating and Air conditioning work excellent. Easy to change oil yourself and perform any other maintenance. The car looks good too.

Favorite Features

Good mileage, decent sized, reliable, tough, handles great.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power, interior fit and finish

My 2003 Taurus SE, Best Car I ever had
By RWaggs62

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought her brand new on 4/19/2003. From the beginning she was reliable, strong & comfortable. Seriously, the most comfortable seats on long rides of any car I have ever owned. Reliability? Awesome. 77,500 miles later, besides regular service, I had to change the starter right at 5 years and the AC compressor at 5 years, all under warranty. Best car I have ever owned, for comfort, reliability, quality craftsmanship, and ride. I also own a Jaguar, which I love, but when my wife and I are going on a long drive, we take the most comfortable car, the 2003 Ford Taurus SE. Love it!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Easy to change oil. Reliability. Leg room, front seats and backs seats. 6 CD changer.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making Tauruses, as Ford is now doing again, when I need a new car, I will buy one.

First Ford
By jeffry hesler

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the vehicle for a year now. I started with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 98,000. I love to drive. I have had only problems with the brakes. The line broke and the disk or something like that on the wheel broke cause I pressed on the brake too hard. So I rate the brakes really good. The car overall is very big on the inside. I've been into 2 wrecks with the car one with a deer and the other was I went under a semi trailer and the rear wheel hit the stands for the trailer. Each time I've never gotten hurt cause the air bags have worked each time. I don't know if it's supposed to but all the air bags went off in every case. It even went off when I hit the deer.

Favorite Features

Trunk space. Middle seat becomes a compartment

Suggested Improvements

Mine has only a tape player no CD. Definitely change that

A Completely Disposable Car
By Rollthebones

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my only Ford car, and most certainly my last. Fords are not long- term cars. I bought the car from my employer off lease, dirt cheap (I drove it during lease). I have never spent so much repair money on a car with so few miles. Visually, the car is still in great shape. Paint and interior are perfect. The engine (base 3.0 V6) is quite underpowered, gets pitiful gas mileage, and is in need of a trip to the dealer for repair every few months. My GM (Buick) and Nissan cars have never cost me this much money in repairs. At 77k, I've repaired rain leaks on passenger floorboard, oxygen sensors, cam shaft sensor, and had transmission serviced 3 times. This is totally a disposable car.

Favorite Features

Outside styling, trunk space, exterior convenience lights under mirrors, super low price as a used car.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage for the 155-HP, 3.0 V6 is terrible (23 mpg combo city-hwy commute daily). New, this car was pretty good. With age, it is a maintenance monster. The car is meant to be sold to fleets and recycled immediately after lease end.

A great used car
By Looked a long time

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car as the second owner. I looked at a lot of cars but none with safety features like Ford Taurus. Excellent precicion steering and it rides like you're on glass. Super quiet on the freeway. I liked the sister mercury sable too but couldn't find one. Great car, very roomy and for once I finally feel safe. Thanks for listening.

Favorite Features

The way it handles on the regular road and the freeway.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a better choice of interior colors.