2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2003 Taurus
By torqrench on 03/24/07 08:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 03 SES used at 1 year old and 12,500 miles, wife wanted it. It's OK for basic transportation, does nothing exceptional, but does everything OK. I have never been a fan of Taurus seats and I think they're uncomfortable. The interior layout is good, but the fit & finish of interior materials is average, at best. Mechanically, the only complaint is the HVAC blower motor went. Problem was a Ford design flaw that allowed water to run down into the motor. I called Ford, awful customer service rep. and despite Ford publishing a Tech Bulletin on this problem (TSB 04-15-3) and selling a "rainhat extension" for $20, they would not fix the problem as the car was 3 months past warranty.

Great Value
By Rick in Saint Louis on 01/09/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to buy a used car with about 40,000 miles. I looked at the Accord and the Camry. I couldn't find either for under $15,000. I found a great looking 2003 Ford Taurus for $8,500. I love the car. It drives great, looks good and I have an extra $6,500 in my wallet. Check out Consumer Reports on the 2003 Taurus as well. I wanted a reliable car and while I've only owned it two months, I have NO regrets. This is one great value.

my review
By Mike on 11/24/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Love the black Taurus
By Jaivanti on 11/06/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this 2003 SES for a little more than a week. It is really fun to drive and has plenty of power to move when I need it to. I have only owned one other car, a 1993 Cougar, (graduation present), however I am really happy with the purchase of the Taurus. It's a great family car with a little sport too!

Good Value, Good Mileage
By Terra on 11/01/06 16:29 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage, especially as a person on the interstate a couple times a week. Interior colors and design are very pleasant, but the seats are terribly uncomfortable! In fact, after about 30 minutes in the car, my back is wrenched. I also drive a Chevy on occasion, and I don't get that problem. Mileage: 22city, 26 highway.

A great car
By Prashant on 10/15/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have bought this Taurus 2 months ago and i just love it - ride quality, handling is just great. I have driven lot of other cars including Chevy Malibu and Cavalier, but this is the most comfortable ride. I just love long drives in it. A/C is very powerful.. in a cold area like LaCrosse, it just turns the heat immediately. Boot space is too good.

Ford Engine Problems
By tom browne on 10/11/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great car except it requires about 50 seconds from a cold start before use. During this time the lifters or tappits do not receive oil, make extremely disconcerting noises, and are very irritating expecially when the dealership says there is nothing wrong. Well, there is! This car will be sold before the next one is purchased. A Taurus-probably not!

Good Work Vehicle
By Fixer on 09/06/06 18:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have put over 100,000 miles on the Taurus in 2 years. The engine is strong and will last of another couple of 100,000 miles like the last one. Obviously mostly highway miles. Gas, oil and tires is all it needs. I feel safe in this heavier Ford. It doesn't get blown around on the highway like some small cars. There is only one vehicle behind the Taurus sedan on the list of least likely to be stolen and that is the Taurus wagon.

PROBLEM FORD
By Bad Ford! on 07/24/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Base V-6 engine is very under powered. 4 speed auto transmission shifts rough. Vehicle has less than a pleasant ride, very rough in fact. Interior quality is good. Exterior design is sporty, even for a 4 door. Looks and interior build do not make up for this vehicles mechanical shortcomings and choppy ride. My Taurus now has 45,000 miles on it and I cannot wait to get rid of it. Rotors and steering system had to be replaced around 30,000 miles. I cannot believe they charge over $20,000 for one of these cars brand new. I would definitely consider this vehicle a "throw away car". I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone. This will definitely be my last Ford!

This is the worst car I've ever owned
By klfrunell on 05/23/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car less than 90 days ago, used. We had it inspected thoroughly prior to purchase. We have had it towed 4 times since purchase, diagnosed twice, and each time the mechanic has said there is nothing wrong, and the car starts for them, we bring it home and it won't start again. The mechanic today said--after keeping the car for 2 days and trying to get it to fail-- that this model frequently will not start for no particular reason. He had one earlier this week with same problem, and sent it back to owners not knowing what was wrong. We picked it up, drove it home, and it won't start again. This is not at all a reliable car. Never again!