2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Go buy a Buick instead
By jake's Dad on 11/03/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL off of an indivdual with 73K on it back in June. What a mistake. The starter went out on it 2 weeks after I bought it. Then the brakes, then the ball joints, then the wheel barrings, then the blower. All in all I have spent 2,000 on this car since I bought it. I am ready to sell it and get a cheap little Honda or Toyota. I drive 30 miles one wa to work and the gas mileage at HWY speeds isn't great. Extremely disappointed with that. Gets 18 in the city and at best 23 on the highway. If you go domestic, get a used Century or LeSabre

Great Car
By John on 08/04/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus SES in May 2004. It only had 16,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. Never needed anything other then one set of brakes and oil changes and I now have 80,000 miles on it. I never got the great gas mileage a lot of others I know did but still reliable. It's got the v-6.

2003 Taurus SE
By Mick on 05/17/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus SE has easy turning ability, and the 3.OL.2V 6 CYL engine is very powerful even for interstate driving and climbing up steep hills. It starts quickly and has "get up and go" after 30,000 miles, and looks shiny good.

Happy car
By aipo86t on 04/14/07 22:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Taurus used one year old for $11K. It had 20K miles on it, 32 months later it has 96K miles. The only non-scheduled maintenance work done on the car was two TSB’s when I got the car one for rainhat extension and one for a noisy serpentine belt tensioner, both done under warranty. I find the seats the most comfortable of any car I’ve owned. The car does everything well, nothing fancy just a good honest car. The base engine could use a bit more power when car is fully loaded but is willing and happy. Car is great in the snow. With three kids in college I’ve traveled in all kinds of weather from Vermont to Minnesota and always felt safe and in control, great value for the price.

Great value
By Kathy on 04/09/07 07:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the smooth ride. Others have also commented how it's like riding on glass. Also have had comments that the car is sharp. I also checked into cost of insurance before purchase, was pleased at affordability.

2003 Taurus
By torqrench on 03/24/07 08:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 03 SES used at 1 year old and 12,500 miles, wife wanted it. It's OK for basic transportation, does nothing exceptional, but does everything OK. I have never been a fan of Taurus seats and I think they're uncomfortable. The interior layout is good, but the fit & finish of interior materials is average, at best. Mechanically, the only complaint is the HVAC blower motor went. Problem was a Ford design flaw that allowed water to run down into the motor. I called Ford, awful customer service rep. and despite Ford publishing a Tech Bulletin on this problem (TSB 04-15-3) and selling a "rainhat extension" for $20, they would not fix the problem as the car was 3 months past warranty.

Great Value
By Rick in Saint Louis on 01/09/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to buy a used car with about 40,000 miles. I looked at the Accord and the Camry. I couldn't find either for under $15,000. I found a great looking 2003 Ford Taurus for $8,500. I love the car. It drives great, looks good and I have an extra $6,500 in my wallet. Check out Consumer Reports on the 2003 Taurus as well. I wanted a reliable car and while I've only owned it two months, I have NO regrets. This is one great value.

my review
By Mike on 11/24/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Love the black Taurus
By Jaivanti on 11/06/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this 2003 SES for a little more than a week. It is really fun to drive and has plenty of power to move when I need it to. I have only owned one other car, a 1993 Cougar, (graduation present), however I am really happy with the purchase of the Taurus. It's a great family car with a little sport too!

Good Value, Good Mileage
By Terra on 11/01/06 16:29 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage, especially as a person on the interstate a couple times a week. Interior colors and design are very pleasant, but the seats are terribly uncomfortable! In fact, after about 30 minutes in the car, my back is wrenched. I also drive a Chevy on occasion, and I don't get that problem. Mileage: 22city, 26 highway.