Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Should I by a Ford Taurus
By daren

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Grandpa car? maybe? but I never had a problem with it. I change the oil semi regularly and only one break change in 7 years. Only one problem with heater/ac fan but it was covered by Ford. The was my first Ford and wont be my last. Buy American

Favorite Features

runs well

Suggested Improvements

none

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with only 8000 miles...after 1 yr it started having problems that dealership doesn't know who to fix. Now it getting dangerous. It stalls out & start back up...all electrical comes on with a loud pop, the car dies and starts back up. I almost had a wreak because the steering shuts down during this time and I was not able to complete the turn. Reviewing the web others have had this problems too. I took it to the dealership many times but they could not find out what was causing it. This is the last Ford I will buy.

Favorite Features

I like the design & color.

Suggested Improvements

Educated you mechanics on how to fix problems like I described above. Seats are not comfortable after awhile the down pump up and when they do they hurt your back. Body is like paper if barely bumped with another vehicle.

Very Pleased
By quinner

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39000 miles two years ago. Now has 69000 miles. No complaints with how the car has run so far. Roomy enough for a family of 4 with power enough to pass somebody while getting 26-28 mpg highway. I even drive it on our hunting roads where only trucks dare to travel, handles great. Stock CD player works great and has nice sound. Heating and Air conditioning work excellent. Easy to change oil yourself and perform any other maintenance. The car looks good too.

Favorite Features

Good mileage, decent sized, reliable, tough, handles great.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power, interior fit and finish

My 2003 Taurus SE, Best Car I ever had
By RWaggs62

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought her brand new on 4/19/2003. From the beginning she was reliable, strong & comfortable. Seriously, the most comfortable seats on long rides of any car I have ever owned. Reliability? Awesome. 77,500 miles later, besides regular service, I had to change the starter right at 5 years and the AC compressor at 5 years, all under warranty. Best car I have ever owned, for comfort, reliability, quality craftsmanship, and ride. I also own a Jaguar, which I love, but when my wife and I are going on a long drive, we take the most comfortable car, the 2003 Ford Taurus SE. Love it!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Easy to change oil. Reliability. Leg room, front seats and backs seats. 6 CD changer.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making Tauruses, as Ford is now doing again, when I need a new car, I will buy one.

First Ford
By jeffry hesler

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the vehicle for a year now. I started with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 98,000. I love to drive. I have had only problems with the brakes. The line broke and the disk or something like that on the wheel broke cause I pressed on the brake too hard. So I rate the brakes really good. The car overall is very big on the inside. I've been into 2 wrecks with the car one with a deer and the other was I went under a semi trailer and the rear wheel hit the stands for the trailer. Each time I've never gotten hurt cause the air bags have worked each time. I don't know if it's supposed to but all the air bags went off in every case. It even went off when I hit the deer.

Favorite Features

Trunk space. Middle seat becomes a compartment

Suggested Improvements

Mine has only a tape player no CD. Definitely change that