Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sad I sold it
By AFGUY

2003 Ford Taurus SES FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 2003 Taurus SES for about 2yrs. White with dark tint windows, very sharp. Loved the super comfy seats, good power, everything seemed to be in its place, very easy for people unfamiliar with the car to get in and drive with no questions. had 60k when I bought it drove from Wyoming to Texas a couple times, and back and forth to work everyday, no issues other than transmission slipped from 1st to 2nd when I turned left and i was on the gas pretty hard a couple times. Sold it because I'm moving and it's been three days and I already miss it.

front armrest and storage was excellent, BIG trunk; I'm military and it held all my battle rattle with room to spare. Gas mileage great for mid-sized sedan

Tranny issue; but it did have over 70k on it. auto headlights would have been nice. tune the engine for a tad more power; i know the capabilities of the good ol' 3.0 and it was VERY de-tuned for this application.

Crazy to buy this!
By Crazywoman

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was desperate to get a car while having bad credit. I had been unemployed for almost a year, had to turn in my previous vehicle. The dealer could smell my fear a mile away & took advantage of me .I thought I would have reliable transport. Oh, no. I've put $2000+ in repairs on this piece of crap in 2.5 years. Brakes squeal and 2 brake shops say they are very good. Something wrong with a rod and the radiator cracked sitting at home for 2 days. Windshield washers are disintegrated. I use a spray bottle. I hate the car. I should've taken more time to look around. No Fords OR Chevys for me EVER again. 21 mpg is NOT good mileage, either. It's another Edsel.

It looks like an old lady's car so I don't get stopped when I'm speeding.

Trash the whole line and get going on real gas savers reasonably priced for a change.

Piece of Junk
By eltorodriver

2003 Ford Taurus SES FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love ford, and I have had other Taurus models. This one is not reliable, always in the shop. Very little pick up for a 6V engine. Brakes stink. Parts are of poor quality. Things break easily. Would not buy this year and model. For Ford, this is very POOR quality, redundant design, and low performance. Sadly, this is one of my worst cars.

New interior design, more engine, better quality plastics.

Highly reliable, well built car
By Ken

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my wagon six years ago w/34k. I was initially hesitant to purchase since it was a rental vehicle but I got a really good deal. I now have 122k on it and it's still running strong. Other than a couple rounds of brakes, tires I've had little problems. An occasional heater fan, strut here and there; but it could've been much worse. I must admit it doesn't have a lot of frills; was surprised it came with a tape player (it's a 2003!) Mine came with the standard features, power windows, ac, cruise etc. The quality/ride of the car is ok; again, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a station wagon in this era; the Taurus will get you the most for your money.

Tons of room. Third row seating is a nice option. Reliable. Good quality for your money.

Gas mileage is ok; could be better (19 mpg).

Happy with Taurus
By J Harbor

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus w/17,000 miles on it. I have had excellent experience with the car, has sun roof, large truck, plenty of room in back seat. Other than regular service I have only had to have front brake job and new battery and tires. I now have 58,000 and still happy. I like the style, enjoy it every day and have made several long trips.