Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Piece of Junk
By eltorodriver

2003 Ford Taurus SES FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love ford, and I have had other Taurus models. This one is not reliable, always in the shop. Very little pick up for a 6V engine. Brakes stink. Parts are of poor quality. Things break easily. Would not buy this year and model. For Ford, this is very POOR quality, redundant design, and low performance. Sadly, this is one of my worst cars.

Suggested Improvements

New interior design, more engine, better quality plastics.

Highly reliable, well built car
By Ken

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my wagon six years ago w/34k. I was initially hesitant to purchase since it was a rental vehicle but I got a really good deal. I now have 122k on it and it's still running strong. Other than a couple rounds of brakes, tires I've had little problems. An occasional heater fan, strut here and there; but it could've been much worse. I must admit it doesn't have a lot of frills; was surprised it came with a tape player (it's a 2003!) Mine came with the standard features, power windows, ac, cruise etc. The quality/ride of the car is ok; again, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a station wagon in this era; the Taurus will get you the most for your money.

Favorite Features

Tons of room. Third row seating is a nice option. Reliable. Good quality for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is ok; could be better (19 mpg).

Happy with Taurus
By J Harbor

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus w/17,000 miles on it. I have had excellent experience with the car, has sun roof, large truck, plenty of room in back seat. Other than regular service I have only had to have front brake job and new battery and tires. I now have 58,000 and still happy. I like the style, enjoy it every day and have made several long trips.

Good car.
By Anonymous

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2003 Taurus. The car has about 140,000 on it now and doesn't have the get up and go it used to (it does hesitate when accelerating quickly) but I have had minimal problems over the years. I deal with Birmingham stop & go traffic everyday with about a 30 mile commute so I do have to have regular brake maintenance but other than that I have no complaints. Very roomy so its great for tall people like me. I think its about ready to be traded in but I will miss it.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is much more sporty than the old Tauruses. I'm a tall guy and the roomy interior is great. The AC is the best feature. Ford ACs can cool a hot car in seconds.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel economy could be better although I feel it is better than it is given credit for. I also wish Ford would make engines that last a little longer. If you take good care of the car it might last over 175,000; but that's it.

Will never buy a ford
By rich

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The power Windows work when they want to. Replace starter/ replace front springs and struts.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

i never had more problem with a car like this 2003 ford