2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Piece of Junk
By eltorodriver on 08/05/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love ford, and I have had other Taurus models. This one is not reliable, always in the shop. Very little pick up for a 6V engine. Brakes stink. Parts are of poor quality. Things break easily. Would not buy this year and model. For Ford, this is very POOR quality, redundant design, and low performance. Sadly, this is one of my worst cars.

Happy with Taurus
By J Harbor on 07/31/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus w/17,000 miles on it. I have had excellent experience with the car, has sun roof, large truck, plenty of room in back seat. Other than regular service I have only had to have front brake job and new battery and tires. I now have 58,000 and still happy. I like the style, enjoy it every day and have made several long trips.

Good car.
By Anonymous on 07/24/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2003 Taurus. The car has about 140,000 on it now and doesn't have the get up and go it used to (it does hesitate when accelerating quickly) but I have had minimal problems over the years. I deal with Birmingham stop & go traffic everyday with about a 30 mile commute so I do have to have regular brake maintenance but other than that I have no complaints. Very roomy so its great for tall people like me. I think its about ready to be traded in but I will miss it.

Will never buy a ford
By rich on 05/30/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The power Windows work when they want to. Replace starter/ replace front springs and struts.

It's My Baby!
By Dot Collins on 10/09/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I will probably keep this car until parts are no longer available for it. It handles well, seats comfortably, and rides magnificently. The only thing I would change about it would be a llittle better gas mileage, but I can overlook that for the rest of what it does. It's my baby!

Should I by a Ford Taurus
By daren on 08/07/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Grandpa car? maybe? but I never had a problem with it. I change the oil semi regularly and only one break change in 7 years. Only one problem with heater/ac fan but it was covered by Ford. The was my first Ford and wont be my last. Buy American

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 04/01/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with only 8000 miles...after 1 yr it started having problems that dealership doesn't know who to fix. Now it getting dangerous. It stalls out & start back up...all electrical comes on with a loud pop, the car dies and starts back up. I almost had a wreak because the steering shuts down during this time and I was not able to complete the turn. Reviewing the web others have had this problems too. I took it to the dealership many times but they could not find out what was causing it. This is the last Ford I will buy.

Very Pleased
By quinner on 12/16/08 21:00 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39000 miles two years ago. Now has 69000 miles. No complaints with how the car has run so far. Roomy enough for a family of 4 with power enough to pass somebody while getting 26-28 mpg highway. I even drive it on our hunting roads where only trucks dare to travel, handles great. Stock CD player works great and has nice sound. Heating and Air conditioning work excellent. Easy to change oil yourself and perform any other maintenance. The car looks good too.

My 2003 Taurus SE, Best Car I ever had
By RWaggs62 on 11/24/08 14:17 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought her brand new on 4/19/2003. From the beginning she was reliable, strong & comfortable. Seriously, the most comfortable seats on long rides of any car I have ever owned. Reliability? Awesome. 77,500 miles later, besides regular service, I had to change the starter right at 5 years and the AC compressor at 5 years, all under warranty. Best car I have ever owned, for comfort, reliability, quality craftsmanship, and ride. I also own a Jaguar, which I love, but when my wife and I are going on a long drive, we take the most comfortable car, the 2003 Ford Taurus SE. Love it!

First Ford
By jeffry hesler on 11/04/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the vehicle for a year now. I started with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 98,000. I love to drive. I have had only problems with the brakes. The line broke and the disk or something like that on the wheel broke cause I pressed on the brake too hard. So I rate the brakes really good. The car overall is very big on the inside. I've been into 2 wrecks with the car one with a deer and the other was I went under a semi trailer and the rear wheel hit the stands for the trailer. Each time I've never gotten hurt cause the air bags have worked each time. I don't know if it's supposed to but all the air bags went off in every case. It even went off when I hit the deer.