2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great for the money
By kdbct2003 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent all around car for the price. The SEL Deluxe package makes this car stand apart from the bread and butter Hertz rental car look. It's classy with wood and chrome accents... a poor mans Lincoln. I sold a 1996 Volvo 850 GLT for this because it was available on a company plan. I have no regrets, the Ford is far more reliable and packs a lot more punch under the hood. Paid $19,500 on X plan with a rebate and think it is worth every penny.

2nd Taurus
By hkiley on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got great deal but made mistakes!!!! Ford offer a teaser rate got two k off that. But I thought I was getting a fully loaded SEL and after purchased out found out that the passenger seat was not powered and ford had eliminated the center heating and air conditioning unit for rear passengers. This is my Second Taurus and just use for work. The deal was great the buying experience bad. My mistake I didn't check the options list. Also didn't ask for the full spear tire. The car value disapears as soon as you drive it off the lot.

2003 Taurus SEL
By vettetan on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a great Chrysler Concorde for the Taurus, not disappointed in any way. Excellent ride, handling, quietness and comfort.....I am in sales and purchase my own cars, I can put 700 miles on in a day and feel comfortable in a multitude of driving positions....sound system is excellent.....would not hesitate to recommend to anyone including Honda owners....I have had 6 Honda Accords and this Taurus equals any of them!

Best Bang For The Buck
By dpmeersman on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable ride, good economy, complete with leather, moonroof and all the features I wanted in a new car. I looked at Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and to get one of these cars equipped as the Taurus is I would have payed $24,000 & up. For $17,900 i got the car I was looking for with much smaller car payments then I would have thought. I can live with the rental car stigma while I'm enjoying the savings.

Taurus Excellent Rating
By Charles L. Eakle on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the Taurus. It is very easy to drive. It is very comfortable.

Even great crashed
By schenkelini on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just lost my SEL in a crash with a truck this week. All of the things they say about the safety of this vehicle are true, we had no serious injuries. I loved the car. I changed out the tires for V speed rated tires and that put the handeling at a much higher level. I haul kids a lot and the room inside is great. We have even squeezed 4 in the back a few times. I really miss my car. I have been pouring over the specs of new vehicles to see if I want to make a change. I don't see anything else that offers the combination of features, performance, of safety for anywhere near the price.

Taurus
By Fazzes on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has a great comfortable interior and rides well on turns. Has a nice, sleek design.