2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Highly reliable, well built car
By Ken on 08/03/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my wagon six years ago w/34k. I was initially hesitant to purchase since it was a rental vehicle but I got a really good deal. I now have 122k on it and it's still running strong. Other than a couple rounds of brakes, tires I've had little problems. An occasional heater fan, strut here and there; but it could've been much worse. I must admit it doesn't have a lot of frills; was surprised it came with a tape player (it's a 2003!) Mine came with the standard features, power windows, ac, cruise etc. The quality/ride of the car is ok; again, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a station wagon in this era; the Taurus will get you the most for your money.

Happy with Taurus
By J Harbor on 07/31/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus w/17,000 miles on it. I have had excellent experience with the car, has sun roof, large truck, plenty of room in back seat. Other than regular service I have only had to have front brake job and new battery and tires. I now have 58,000 and still happy. I like the style, enjoy it every day and have made several long trips.

Good car.
By Anonymous on 07/24/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2003 Taurus. The car has about 140,000 on it now and doesn't have the get up and go it used to (it does hesitate when accelerating quickly) but I have had minimal problems over the years. I deal with Birmingham stop & go traffic everyday with about a 30 mile commute so I do have to have regular brake maintenance but other than that I have no complaints. Very roomy so its great for tall people like me. I think its about ready to be traded in but I will miss it.

Will never buy a ford
By rich on 05/30/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The power Windows work when they want to. Replace starter/ replace front springs and struts.

It's My Baby!
By Dot Collins on 10/09/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I will probably keep this car until parts are no longer available for it. It handles well, seats comfortably, and rides magnificently. The only thing I would change about it would be a llittle better gas mileage, but I can overlook that for the rest of what it does. It's my baby!

Very Reliable
By Immanuel on 10/07/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent, reliable car. Bought it 2 yrs old, at 36k miles for $ 9000, have driven it to about 129k, with no issues. So far I have spent about 250 for a water leak, brakes and oil changes. This car has been very reliable, a workhorse and inexpensive. Have gotten on an average 25 mpg for combined city and highway.

Should I by a Ford Taurus
By daren on 08/07/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Grandpa car? maybe? but I never had a problem with it. I change the oil semi regularly and only one break change in 7 years. Only one problem with heater/ac fan but it was covered by Ford. The was my first Ford and wont be my last. Buy American

Ford. Come on, you can do better!
By mzyeung on 06/03/09 03:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used for 2 years but it was very low in millage. When the car was 6-7 years old, Out of the blue, the transmission just blew in the Highway. I was disappointed. Everything was perfect for a long time. We love American cars at home but it disappointed us every single time. We bought a new Hyundai Sonata recently.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 04/01/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with only 8000 miles...after 1 yr it started having problems that dealership doesn't know who to fix. Now it getting dangerous. It stalls out & start back up...all electrical comes on with a loud pop, the car dies and starts back up. I almost had a wreak because the steering shuts down during this time and I was not able to complete the turn. Reviewing the web others have had this problems too. I took it to the dealership many times but they could not find out what was causing it. This is the last Ford I will buy.

Very Pleased
By quinner on 12/16/08 21:00 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39000 miles two years ago. Now has 69000 miles. No complaints with how the car has run so far. Roomy enough for a family of 4 with power enough to pass somebody while getting 26-28 mpg highway. I even drive it on our hunting roads where only trucks dare to travel, handles great. Stock CD player works great and has nice sound. Heating and Air conditioning work excellent. Easy to change oil yourself and perform any other maintenance. The car looks good too.