Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Very smooth ride
By David E. Johnson

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a reliable used car and I test drove several. The comfort and road handling features of my Taurus Wagon were hard to duplicate in other vehicles. I have put a lot of miles on the car and it has held up very well. Lots of room too.

Smooth ride. Roomy. Looks great for a wagon.

Company Car
By bstephens

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You know, this car isn't quite as bad as I had originally thought it would be. My company gave me this car 8 months ago and I handed over my '97 Honda Accord to my brother. First let me say that the Taurus drives nowhere near as well as the Accord did. It's too sluggish. When I punch the gas to try to pass someone it always hesitates. The engine revs up for a few seconds before it kicks in and goes. Also, when I have the A/C on the belt is always chirping. My fiance has a 2004 Accord EX that just blows this car away. I don't understand how Ford could ever expect to compete with a Toyota or Honda and win. We definitely drive the Accord on trips together. Goodbye Taurus.

Cold A/C (I live in the South).

A transmission that transfers the power to the wheels a little quicker.

2003 Taurus SES Sedan
By JacknCali

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Taurus . Good, reliable vehicle with surprisingly good gas mileage on the highway. Low maintenance cost. Disappointing rate of depreciation. Seats are uncomfortable.

Lights on side mirrors. Well lit interior. Reliability. Roomy.

Redesign seats. Add recirculate button to heater setting

It's BASIC family transportation.
By M.Nicley

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My family has owned several Taurus's and Sable's. All but the '86 Sable were great. All were bought new, all lasted through my parents driving, and me and brother's "Hot Rodding" teenage years. My most recent one is a 2003 SES. It is a nice BASIC family car. If you want luxury buy a Lincoln LS. Have had no problems with the car, other than a couple recalls. The bucket seats and floor shifter make you think its a performance sedan, but it's NOT!. Great to get groceries and go to work in. Took it on one 500 mile trip, and immediatey realized why people with two kids get an SUV. Oh, if you buy one new, plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

Spoiler...ah...ah...not a whole lot to be excited about. The 0% financing was great.

Bring back the SHO. Pontiac has a supercharged Grand Prix GTP, Chevy has a supercharged Impala SS, why not put a V8 back in one? Well maybe in the 500.

My New Bull
By rental ralph

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our mint 2003 SES was a real steal at $10.1K, including tax and tags. This ex Hertz/IBM company car looks and drives new. Great choice for a family car. Roomy, solid build, rugged engine and a very smooth transmission. No rattles, squeaks or groans. Doors, hood and trunk all close with little effort. Suspension does a nice job in taking the jolt out of NYC’s best potholes. Very controlled at speed with little wind noise and little effect from cross winds. No problem passing buses and 18 wheelers.

Solid body. Excellent safety features. Good handling, roomy interior and just nice to look at. A great value at the right price.

Upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes.