2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
great car
By good car on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy, great long distance car, comfortable, powerful, good handing, can sleep in back with seats down,have not had 1 problem.

Great car
By MadJoe on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far my experience with this car has been more than I expected. With the 24V DOHC 200Hp engine, it leaves most other "family sedans" (with the obvious exception of the 240Hp Altima) wanting. It's comfortable and roomy with an attractive interior that puts other cars in it's class to shame. You definitly get more than you pay for with this car.

Even great crashed
By schenkelini on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just lost my SEL in a crash with a truck this week. All of the things they say about the safety of this vehicle are true, we had no serious injuries. I loved the car. I changed out the tires for V speed rated tires and that put the handeling at a much higher level. I haul kids a lot and the room inside is great. We have even squeezed 4 in the back a few times. I really miss my car. I have been pouring over the specs of new vehicles to see if I want to make a change. I don't see anything else that offers the combination of features, performance, of safety for anywhere near the price.

good... until...
By Chatham Bing on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

1997 Taurus Wagon was a decent form of transportation for a while. Little problems were encountered, until we hit 75,000 miles. Then like clockwork... boom- the head gasket blows, and a $2500 engine rebuild cost. On a 5 year old car which had a value of only $3750 trade in...

a great value
By cwesley on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With a son in college and some big tuition payments to make, I decided to step down from a 2000 Lincoln LS to a Taurus SEL. The LS was wonderful and very hard to give up. To ease the pain, I got the SEL Premium configuration with all of the options (Silver exterior with Dark Charcoal leather interior). While no match for the LS, it is a great car for the money. It has good power for its class and an impressive array of creature comforts. It handles well when driven aggressively and is smooth down the turnpike. The duratec is know for taking some time to break-in. Even so, I got 27 mpg within the first 1,000 miles. Also can say enough for the Mach stereo.

Problems from the Start
By Burrell on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Taurus we bought a 2000 brand new and after 12000 miles we had to have 8 air bag sensors replaced and the computer as well, that did not even fix the problem so we asked Ford to replace the vehicle, I applaud them because they did replace it. We got a 2002 Taurus right when they were released. We now have 15000 on this one and we are having electrical problems with it, sometimes when you start the car none of the power accessories work (radio, windows, mirrors) nothing and the moon roof will not shut some times. We are going to trade it in for a different car, and not a Ford this time.

Taurus
By Fazzes on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has a great comfortable interior and rides well on turns. Has a nice, sleek design.

Affordable Family Luxury!
By Es on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my SEL Premium Taurus in June. It is one of my smarter choices of car purchases that I've made. I had a 97 Camry that has been very reliable but was too small for my family. The Taurus is far more spacious with a smooth quiet ride and good handling. The Duratec engine is also superb, it has been decently quiet and has proved to have good pasing power. In black with a rear spoiler I feel like the king of the road.

Love this Taurus SEL Premium
By Ponderosa Pine on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1997 Audi Quattro wagon for the Taurus. You might ask, why get rid of an Audi in favor of the Taurus? We owned a 1987 Taurus for 12 years and put 153k on it. We loved that car! As far as I'm concerned, the new Taurus drives better than the Audi and is more reliable. We got the 24V Duratec engine and it hauls!. We're getting better than 24 mpg in mountain driving (we live in CO). Fit and finish are beautiful.

Great Car
By Towen022 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride and comfort of the car is wonderful. It handles very well under all conditions. Plenty of interior room, and great for traveling! Great Car!