Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best Value on the Market
By David

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I actually decided to buy a Ford Taurus after I had rented several. For the money there is no better car. A lot of features, smooth ride and sporty, yet family oriented looks. I have put a lot of miles on this car in a short time and have had absolutely no problems.I am very impressed with the amount of quality Ford put into this car for the price they sell at. The handling and response of the Taurus is outstanding. It has kept me out of several accidents.

The exterior looks, with the sporty rims offered on the SES package. Controls are very user friendly. The suspension gives the illusion and handling of a sports car in evasive maneuvers, but rides like a family sedan.

Nothing particularly comes to mind. I am overall highly satisfied with this vehicle and would definitely consider another.

Taurus
By tx

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car itself runs pretty ok. I have some brake issues, nothing that a good brake job or stopping a good 5 yards away from the car in front of me can't fix. But tis expected when the car has over 100,000 miles on it.

Not really sure if there is any. It's bottom line.

The man at the Ford office told me all 2003 Tauruses have an air conditioning problem in which resister shorts conveniently every year. They want to replace the entire system. Which I cant afford. I pay 20 bucks a year for a resistor. I also have a puddle under the dash left side every time it rains.

"Worth the money"
By Madison,WI.

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus SE with 28,000 miles. It now has 33,250 miles and I have already had to replace the steering rack and front rotors. Luckily Ford paid for it. Since I only paid $10,000.00 for it I think it is worth the money. It has a solid ride feel. It also has good pick up and passing abilities for the standard 155 horse V6. I really like the 6 disc cd changer audio system. For a car with rental car status I think this was a solid buy choice. Remember that rental car companies wouldn't buy cars that they would have to fix or repair often. I would recommend buying this car since it will be going out of production in 2006.

Great exterior style compared to older models. Good power from standard V6. Solid ride quality. Smooth 4 speed auto transmission.

Better gas mileage out of 3.0 V6. Needs better quality shocks. Longer warranty to compete with other companies.

Overall, A Great Car
By Joe

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 1 year with no problems. My only problem is that after only 1 year and 12,000 miles, the car is not worth anywhere near what I owe on it.

Looks and comfort are excellent. Also a nice driving car.

Less cheap plastic on the door panels and a better quality of leather for the seats.

Very smooth ride
By David E. Johnson

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a reliable used car and I test drove several. The comfort and road handling features of my Taurus Wagon were hard to duplicate in other vehicles. I have put a lot of miles on the car and it has held up very well. Lots of room too.

Smooth ride. Roomy. Looks great for a wagon.