2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Too much money, too little car
By dtskiles on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

1. A car should have pickup or gas mileage. Ideally, it should have both. This car has neither. A Camry or Accord can accelerate faster and needs much less gas. 2. Details details. Why do you have to unfold the front seat to get to the change holder? Why can't the stereo get signal on cloudy days? 3. The car had trouble starting on a mild spring day with only 2200 miles under it's belt. That's pathetic. There was a time when Accords and Camrys were fighting to catch up to the Taurus - America's #1 selling car in the 80's. Now they're not in the same class.

mysterious smell
By cindyp on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i like my 2003 ford taurus lx as far as its comfort and fuel enconomy. i have about 4500 miles on it as of april 2003. the only problem with the car is that it gives off a weird smell that smells like oil or exhaust. i have taken it to the dealer,but they cant find anything wrong. they have deoderized the heating and a/c system,but smell comes back. i have no problem with the way the car runs though. just frustrated with the mysterious smell.

Luxury on the cheap
By Wal-Tar on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I decided on the 2003 Taurus SEL w/Leather, wood, adjstble pedals, mnroof, 6-cd console changer, MACH sound, auto climate control, window lock-out, 200-hp v6, 24valve DOHC, ABS, cruise control, side- mirror entry light, keyless entry, theft/perimeter alarm and more. The car is very, very comfortable (coming from an ex-SUV driver, this wasn't hard to find, however), handles very well, gets about 24mpg on the hwy (I speed a lot). The CD changer in the center console makes access a lot easier than in the trunk. The dealer dropped $1200 off retail list and the $500 rebate from Ford plus the 0.0 percent Ford Credit financing for 60 months.

Pleased
By SLM on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Only 3500 miles thusfar, but I have been surprised with its excellent overall handling and quietness. The 200 HP Duratec engine is impressive. No complaints or problems to report.

Fun to drive
By WGA on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a 2002 Ford Taurus. My wife and I enjoy this car. The engine is very responsive from both a start and passing ability. We have two kids, and our family finds this a very comfortable car for all occasions. I am impressed with how quiet the car rides. (much better that other Ford vehicles I have driven) I am told that the 2003 has not been changed much from the 2002

My Taurus
By John Walton on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE FFV 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An exceptional value, it has rough edges that give it character and it drives like a charm. Throw it around and it remains tame and easy to control. In traffice it is nimble, on the open road it is smooth as silk. I use to rent these, and then realized what a great car this is now. The best feature is it's predictability.

Perfect Family Sedan
By 8AMAKTA on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 mustang for this car, its been a blessing. My family needed the extra room for my newborn son and 4year old. My taurus has room for six which helps when you carry your friends or family. As a previous owner of a 96 taurus I love the way they drive and the space they have inside. Fuel economy is great and the A/C system is better than my 98 Honda Civic.

so far so good
By Hairball_66007 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have 1200 miles so far (in the first week). But So far so good. We have been getting 23 mpg in mixed driving. This is a loaded car. The only op it dosn't have is the wood kit. It's the first new car for my wife and I in years. We looked Toyota, Honda's and Nissan. The Taurus SEL gave us the most for our money.

If you have to buy American...........
By tbaran on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a good overall value; if you are someone who’s only interest in driving is to get you from point A to B! The engine is strong, if only the brakes and suspension were designed as well. The braking is a very weak part of this package with the suspension close behind. The steering offers virtually no feedback for road feel. It you are a driver get a Passat! If you have to buy American, such as I, then this is a good deal. I have driven American all my life, but my last car was a base 1995 Jetta with the weakest engine you can imagine! The cheap '95' Jetta right now feels more solid and is more fun to drive than this brand new car!

Much better buy than a Camry
By KeithMac on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my car for a week and this review may be a little premature but I drive one just like it at work. Thats what sparked my interest. I've got to tell you I love this car! I have had many Fords and trust them with my life. They're very safe! (Thats from experience)My 2003 Taurus SES is paked with goodies and at a fraction of the cost of its competitors...Camry, Maxima, etc. As best I can see this car has no cons. If you're shopping around definitely test drive this car.