Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Comfortable and Dependable
By Central VA

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Taurus used 2 years ago, have had no problems or expenses other than routine maintenance. Leather seats, sunroof, 24V V6, alloy wheels, a nice looking, comfortable package. Have averaged over 28 MPG over the last 30K miles, get better than 30 on the highway. Seats could be a little more comfortable, and interior trim is kinda cheap looking, but so far I have no complaints. Doesn't hold value well since there are 60 gazillion of them on the road. Very smooth on the highway, a little more wind noise than some sedans.

Favorite Features

Good sound system, gas mileage, trunk space, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat support, interior trim, wind and road noise, resale value.

Great Car
By jdfds9

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. First off, the look of it is what first attracted me. It's dark grey, with a great looking spoiler on the trunk lid and alloy wheels. Overall a great looking vehicle. It has a nice smooth ride, and great handling. Comfortable bucket seats, roomy back seat, sporty floor shifter. Quick, smooth acceleration and shifting. A strong runner, holds its own on the road and good mileage to boot!

Favorite Features

A nice mix of sporty and luxury. All controls are handy, and the cup holders do not block any controls. The floor shifter and front bucket seats make the interior great. I like everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

None. I guess I am easy to please. As above, I like it all.

Great car, awesome value.
By johnfinson

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First of all I bought this car with 42,000 miles and drive it everywhere and donít drive it nice. I have 144,000 on my Taurus now and it drives like new. I service it and it keeps running. My wifeís Honda Accord has seen the shop endless times with 33,000 on it. Buy American, better cars, better value, more comfortable and they're all worth the same in 10 years.

Favorite Features

Comfort, great mpg, good power, bulletproof reliability record.

Suggested Improvements

Advertise better, market your car to sell.

2003 Ford Taurus SE
By Paul

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly good suspension and handling. Even better on winter Michelin X-ice tires than on original Continental Touring Contact tires. However, old but reliable OHV Vulcan engine lacks the vigor of modern OHC engines. Additionally, the transmission has been mated to the engine for economy and upshifts too eagerly, what robs the car of dynamics even further. Sufficient and well modulated brakes stop this heavy car with confidence even with drums at rear. Body fit is below average with poorly designed hinges and locks. I had to spend a few hours just to adjust all doors to my standards. Overall reliability seems to be good providing that a basic maintenance schedules are being kept.

Favorite Features

Suspension, steering and handling.

IF only the brakes worked!
By daisyq07

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior color gray is kind of boring. But my huge concern is the brake system. If I have to stop quickly and I press down on the brakes, it will stop THEN keep going after it stops! It is very scary and I feel totally unsafe. I had them checked 3 times and each time I was told that it is just the way the car is. Be very careful if you get this car! It is very roomy. The seats are not comfortable after a short ride. It is kind of sporty looking and can switch lanes quickly, which is nice.

Favorite Features

Roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the darn brakes.