Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great car, awesome value.
By johnfinson

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First of all I bought this car with 42,000 miles and drive it everywhere and donít drive it nice. I have 144,000 on my Taurus now and it drives like new. I service it and it keeps running. My wifeís Honda Accord has seen the shop endless times with 33,000 on it. Buy American, better cars, better value, more comfortable and they're all worth the same in 10 years.

Comfort, great mpg, good power, bulletproof reliability record.

Advertise better, market your car to sell.

2003 Ford Taurus SE
By Paul

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly good suspension and handling. Even better on winter Michelin X-ice tires than on original Continental Touring Contact tires. However, old but reliable OHV Vulcan engine lacks the vigor of modern OHC engines. Additionally, the transmission has been mated to the engine for economy and upshifts too eagerly, what robs the car of dynamics even further. Sufficient and well modulated brakes stop this heavy car with confidence even with drums at rear. Body fit is below average with poorly designed hinges and locks. I had to spend a few hours just to adjust all doors to my standards. Overall reliability seems to be good providing that a basic maintenance schedules are being kept.

Suspension, steering and handling.

IF only the brakes worked!
By daisyq07

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior color gray is kind of boring. But my huge concern is the brake system. If I have to stop quickly and I press down on the brakes, it will stop THEN keep going after it stops! It is very scary and I feel totally unsafe. I had them checked 3 times and each time I was told that it is just the way the car is. Be very careful if you get this car! It is very roomy. The seats are not comfortable after a short ride. It is kind of sporty looking and can switch lanes quickly, which is nice.

Roomy.

Fix the darn brakes.

Best Value on the Market
By David

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I actually decided to buy a Ford Taurus after I had rented several. For the money there is no better car. A lot of features, smooth ride and sporty, yet family oriented looks. I have put a lot of miles on this car in a short time and have had absolutely no problems.I am very impressed with the amount of quality Ford put into this car for the price they sell at. The handling and response of the Taurus is outstanding. It has kept me out of several accidents.

The exterior looks, with the sporty rims offered on the SES package. Controls are very user friendly. The suspension gives the illusion and handling of a sports car in evasive maneuvers, but rides like a family sedan.

Nothing particularly comes to mind. I am overall highly satisfied with this vehicle and would definitely consider another.

Taurus
By tx

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car itself runs pretty ok. I have some brake issues, nothing that a good brake job or stopping a good 5 yards away from the car in front of me can't fix. But tis expected when the car has over 100,000 miles on it.

Not really sure if there is any. It's bottom line.

The man at the Ford office told me all 2003 Tauruses have an air conditioning problem in which resister shorts conveniently every year. They want to replace the entire system. Which I cant afford. I pay 20 bucks a year for a resistor. I also have a puddle under the dash left side every time it rains.