Used 2003 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Highly reliable, well built car
By Ken

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my wagon six years ago w/34k. I was initially hesitant to purchase since it was a rental vehicle but I got a really good deal. I now have 122k on it and it's still running strong. Other than a couple rounds of brakes, tires I've had little problems. An occasional heater fan, strut here and there; but it could've been much worse. I must admit it doesn't have a lot of frills; was surprised it came with a tape player (it's a 2003!) Mine came with the standard features, power windows, ac, cruise etc. The quality/ride of the car is ok; again, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a station wagon in this era; the Taurus will get you the most for your money.

Tons of room. Third row seating is a nice option. Reliable. Good quality for your money.

Gas mileage is ok; could be better (19 mpg).

Very Reliable
By Immanuel

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent, reliable car. Bought it 2 yrs old, at 36k miles for $ 9000, have driven it to about 129k, with no issues. So far I have spent about 250 for a water leak, brakes and oil changes. This car has been very reliable, a workhorse and inexpensive. Have gotten on an average 25 mpg for combined city and highway.

Trunk size.

More power.

Ford. Come on, you can do better!
By mzyeung

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used for 2 years but it was very low in millage. When the car was 6-7 years old, Out of the blue, the transmission just blew in the Highway. I was disappointed. Everything was perfect for a long time. We love American cars at home but it disappointed us every single time. We bought a new Hyundai Sonata recently.

It was good until 62K. Then the trans blew.

Ford and other American car makers. Shape up! Just endure our use/abuse until 120K please. Anything nowadays blew before 120K is just too early.

18300 and still going!
By joecool829

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this model after driving my wife's 1996 Sable LS. I wanted one just like it. I have put 183K on her so far. Minor glitches but nothing unexpected for the mileage. I am happy I got the SEL model with all of the bells and whistles especially the leather and 4 wheel discs. Note to the average driver: I got 101,000 on first set of brakes and 82,000 on second set!

24 valve engine. Leather interior. Hidden CD changer.

Front suspension is still as lousy as the 1996 model.

I've owned 4 Taurus'
By 3-fords

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All around this is a great car. You can't beat the trunk space without getting an SUV. Cloth seats could be more comfortable. I have leather seats in my Taurus sedan that are way better. Great car with seating for 8 if you're small enough. Strong engine with no problems anywhere on the car. Biggest complaint is that the color shows door scuffs.

Seating capacity/ trunk room