2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Highly reliable, well built car
By Ken on 08/03/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my wagon six years ago w/34k. I was initially hesitant to purchase since it was a rental vehicle but I got a really good deal. I now have 122k on it and it's still running strong. Other than a couple rounds of brakes, tires I've had little problems. An occasional heater fan, strut here and there; but it could've been much worse. I must admit it doesn't have a lot of frills; was surprised it came with a tape player (it's a 2003!) Mine came with the standard features, power windows, ac, cruise etc. The quality/ride of the car is ok; again, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a station wagon in this era; the Taurus will get you the most for your money.

Very Reliable
By Immanuel on 10/07/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent, reliable car. Bought it 2 yrs old, at 36k miles for $ 9000, have driven it to about 129k, with no issues. So far I have spent about 250 for a water leak, brakes and oil changes. This car has been very reliable, a workhorse and inexpensive. Have gotten on an average 25 mpg for combined city and highway.

Ford. Come on, you can do better!
By mzyeung on 06/03/09 03:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used for 2 years but it was very low in millage. When the car was 6-7 years old, Out of the blue, the transmission just blew in the Highway. I was disappointed. Everything was perfect for a long time. We love American cars at home but it disappointed us every single time. We bought a new Hyundai Sonata recently.

18300 and still going!
By joecool829 on 05/31/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this model after driving my wife's 1996 Sable LS. I wanted one just like it. I have put 183K on her so far. Minor glitches but nothing unexpected for the mileage. I am happy I got the SEL model with all of the bells and whistles especially the leather and 4 wheel discs. Note to the average driver: I got 101,000 on first set of brakes and 82,000 on second set!

I've owned 4 Taurus'
By 3-fords on 12/10/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All around this is a great car. You can't beat the trunk space without getting an SUV. Cloth seats could be more comfortable. I have leather seats in my Taurus sedan that are way better. Great car with seating for 8 if you're small enough. Strong engine with no problems anywhere on the car. Biggest complaint is that the color shows door scuffs.

Good Work Vehicle
By Fixer on 09/06/06 18:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have put over 100,000 miles on the Taurus in 2 years. The engine is strong and will last of another couple of 100,000 miles like the last one. Obviously mostly highway miles. Gas, oil and tires is all it needs. I feel safe in this heavier Ford. It doesn't get blown around on the highway like some small cars. There is only one vehicle behind the Taurus sedan on the list of least likely to be stolen and that is the Taurus wagon.

Great Car
By jdfds9 on 04/13/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. First off, the look of it is what first attracted me. It's dark grey, with a great looking spoiler on the trunk lid and alloy wheels. Overall a great looking vehicle. It has a nice smooth ride, and great handling. Comfortable bucket seats, roomy back seat, sporty floor shifter. Quick, smooth acceleration and shifting. A strong runner, holds its own on the road and good mileage to boot!

Very smooth ride
By David E. Johnson on 07/04/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a reliable used car and I test drove several. The comfort and road handling features of my Taurus Wagon were hard to duplicate in other vehicles. I have put a lot of miles on the car and it has held up very well. Lots of room too.

03 Wagon Good Performance, Poor Quality
By Jiicc on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Stylish, good highway acceleration and excellent handling. Exterior luggage hardware, and support runners had multiple crackings in the middle rivet holes within 2 months of purchased. Oil pan gasket defect produced intolerable burning oil smell when heater, ventilation is turned on.

2003 Taurus Wagon ride characteristics.
By Shermg on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It rides like a tank. Every ridge in the road from tar to slight indentations becomes a loud bump. Inhigh speed expressway driving it is excellent until the road has cracks in it and it is very annoying going bump - bump-bump. I've had it checked and everything is as it should be. It still rides poorer than any car I've had. I traded a 1997 Escort wagon with 70000 miles for it. It has 15000 miles on it. The escort rode like a dream compared to this Taurus wagon