2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Should I by a Ford Taurus
By daren on 08/07/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Grandpa car? maybe? but I never had a problem with it. I change the oil semi regularly and only one break change in 7 years. Only one problem with heater/ac fan but it was covered by Ford. The was my first Ford and wont be my last. Buy American

lots of car for the money
By Ray in Erie on 04/02/08 02:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Taurus now for 4 years, and am absolutely delighted with it. I have about 105000 trouble free miles on it. The only problem I had was the remote keypad on the door went bad, and that was replaced under warranty. It gets great mileage on the hgy (27mpg). with the price of gas I sometimes think of trading it for a 4cyl Ford Fusion or similar vehicle, but their mileage isn't that much better than the V6 in my Taurus.

Yellow Glove Treatment
By JIM MADDEN on 12/21/07 02:40 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my Taurus with the DOHC engine and leather interior. I thought that there was a design problem with the fuel pump as I personally changed 3 in three years of ownership. On installation of the 2nd pump I bent the float arm so my gauge has been incorrect for almost a year. So this time I completely removed the tank from under the vehicle, carried it to the garage bench and low and behold I found a yellow workglove floating inside the gas tank. This car must have been built on a Monday with a disgruntled worker assembling the gas tank.It should run a little better without the restriction on the suction side of the fuel pump? Note: the interior dimensions are kind of small for a carsobig

Go buy a Buick instead
By jake's Dad on 11/03/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL off of an indivdual with 73K on it back in June. What a mistake. The starter went out on it 2 weeks after I bought it. Then the brakes, then the ball joints, then the wheel barrings, then the blower. All in all I have spent 2,000 on this car since I bought it. I am ready to sell it and get a cheap little Honda or Toyota. I drive 30 miles one wa to work and the gas mileage at HWY speeds isn't great. Extremely disappointed with that. Gets 18 in the city and at best 23 on the highway. If you go domestic, get a used Century or LeSabre

my review
By Mike on 11/24/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

IF only the brakes worked!
By daisyq07 on 01/23/06 15:51 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior color gray is kind of boring. But my huge concern is the brake system. If I have to stop quickly and I press down on the brakes, it will stop THEN keep going after it stops! It is very scary and I feel totally unsafe. I had them checked 3 times and each time I was told that it is just the way the car is. Be very careful if you get this car! It is very roomy. The seats are not comfortable after a short ride. It is kind of sporty looking and can switch lanes quickly, which is nice.

2003 SEL Taurus
By Carpoof on 02/16/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this vehicle. It is very smooth and overall there have not been any problems with it. It feels much more solid than the older Tauruses.

Love my Ford
By karni on 01/11/05 02:02 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One year ago I was shopping for a car. I think I got a deal, and purchased an almost new, fully loaded 2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition beauty with 7000 miles on it. Paid $14,000 plus $1500 premium extended warranty for 6 years or 75,000 miles. She was reliable. Love this car. I replaced factory tail lights with Altezza euro tail lights so she looks cool now. It still looks sharp on the roads; you might see many copycats around, as Hondas, Lexus and Toyotas. They are not fast enough to copy Focus and Taurus. If you are looking for Taurus, Duratec engine is a must. You will enjoy good acceleration.

love this car
By roy vexler on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great car, only complaint is resale value!!! buy it to keep it and get extended warentee as cheap as can so u can drive care free till payed for. had car 4 15 months and lost 5,000.00 on depreachation allready!! and i got it at ford x price!!! we will keep till payed off and see how we still like it, by then will be worth only 6-8 thousand.

love my taurus
By cmac on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Taurus and I love the way it handles. The price was right for the features and the quality is there.