Used 2003 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
Loved th 2000, Love the 2003
By Ceejayp

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Taurus. This time I went for some luxury.Leather seating, floor shift, spoiler and sunroof.I purchased the spruce green color.All in all I am thrilled with my car.My husband is an auto mechanic, the only imput he had was with the engine.He did not want me to get the Duratec engine.The 3.0 has plenty of get up and go.So if you want a good dependable and pretty car, this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

I put 43,000 miles on my 2000 and never had it in the shop for anything. I see my friends buying their luxury cars. They've got the car back to the dealer constantly. I've never had to bring my car back. Not the 2000, not the 2003 which has nearly 9000 miles on it.

Not Bad!
By JNOEL

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had the car since April 1st (april fools day) Not the exact model I wanted. Got suckered into a black model instead of metallic blue, but at least I got leather seats and heated mirrors. Whoopee! (sarcasm) I wish that Ford would use a different tire company than Continental. They go flat if you look at them wrong! My '94 Taurus had more pick-up than this, but it also got reallly bad gas mileage. Traction control is a good idea. My Jeep slips all over the road if it's even sprinkling outside. The Taurus holds to the road really well with the TC.

Favorite Features

Traction control is a great feature. Auto dimming rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Wipers and high-beam in the same switch. Bad problems with my older Taurus. Rear driver side door doesn't seem to "close" correctly. Compass glares at me at night from the rear- view mirror. A little too "noticeable". Did I mention that I HATE the tires on this thing.

Ford Taurus 2003 SES Deluxe
By GLandears

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this auto 1 year ago. I am 52 years old and by far this is the best automobile I have ever owned. It handles very well rain or shine.I would recommend this automobile to everone who wants a very comfortable ride and a great handling vehicle !! The only engine to get is the 24 valve DOHC !!

Favorite Features

24 DOHC,leather seats, console, and shifter on floor.6 cd in console.all gauges well placed and easy to read.

Suggested Improvements

Dual temperature controls in front seating area. Trunk could be a little deeper.

My review
By twintx

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus. It is very dependable and reliable. I have never had major problem with either car. They also have 5 star safety rating which is important to me. Lots of room for a mid size car.

Favorite Features

CD player

Suggested Improvements

maybe a little deeper cup holders.

2003 Ford Taurus SES
By ford1

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Taurus is a very good value for a family sedan. With generous rebates offered from Ford, the Taurus becomes extremely competitive with Camry and Accord, Taurus main competition. This 2003 model has just been purchased but my experience with past Taurus ownership has been very positive; good reliability with very few problems. The build quality is good. Controls and accessories are well designed and easy to operate. A roomy trunk for this size car. Gas mileage with the 24V six ranges from 22 mpg city driving to 29 mpg highway.

Favorite Features

No feature really stands out more than another; maybe the generous truck size and ease of accessorie use. Adjustable pedals are nice.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to improve brake response. The Taurus brake sometimes feels to be a little "mushy". Although the 24V six is acceptable as far as performance/gas mileage, a little more torque would be nice; 240-250 instead of the current 200 lbs