2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Not the best I've had
By jmacthethird on 08/03/14 14:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I did the research, it seemed the Taurus, might be a good choice. The interior though dated, is nice and the seats are comfy and most creature comforts are there, with a few extras like a power driver side seat. Gas mileage isn't the best at about 26mpg on the highway and about 17mpg in traffic. I did see 28mpg on the highway, but that was only with real gas without the ethanol, which was expected. Everything seemed okay until one day, without warning, the transmission gave out in the middle of highway 441. I had it rebuilt, to the tune of $2700 dollars only for it to go out again exactly 6 months later. This will be the last Ford or Chevy I buy.

Not my first choice
By b_engels7 on 02/25/13 07:55 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove an '03 Taurus for 7 years, and in that time I had to replace the transmission, the cam, struts, break lines, the muffler, and a multitude of repairs which I have repressed from my memory. The car produced phantom odors, odd sounds, and mysterious leaks. The front passenger floor flooded constantly for some reason. The gas mileage was terrible, I'd say around 18 highway and 12 city by a rough estimate. The transmission is twitchy so dont expect a smooth ride. Be prepared to spend a lot on repairs, my advice: save your money and buy a honda or something.

Best American car we've ever had.
By ndecker on 12/16/12 10:15 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had problems with Ford's in the past. Got this car for free, but it needed a lot of TLC because the previous owner neglected it. Bought and installed the parts myself, never had a problem with it. This car is absolutely amazing, nothing else like it. Just turned 100k miles and still running strong.

Best Car ever
By lawnboy270 on 11/28/12 23:36 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was our first new car. From day one it has been awesome. Now almost 10 years and 244,000 miles later it continues to do whatever is asked of it. The Duratec 24v 3.0 is quite trouble free. It still has the original starter, alternator, and water pump. The trans is the same one it came with in 2003 and has never gave an issue shifting. Take care of your car and it will take care of you. Oil changes every 5k, trans fluid change, and fuel filter every 30k, coolant every 100k. Why I would ever buy a import after owning this car? It made us a Ford family for life.

Ford Taurus V6 vulcan, Good sedan
By jermz17 on 05/06/12 00:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good car, It has all the features you would need to drive a family around. But like all cars this one does have common problems but they can be fixed. Fuel pump, Coil pack, and camshaft. Not cheap but easy to fix and if you take good car of the car it will take care of you.

Love my Taurus
By javacup1 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Taurus completely dependable I have 173k mi. only cost i had was regular service changing plugs gas filter etc as specified in manual the only part that needed replacement more then once was the from stabilizer bar other than that it rides like a gem and i am proud to own a ford and it's American and i came from the saabs Nissans volvos.

This is my 8th Taurus
By Johnny Mano on 08/10/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 ses. I bought it with 40,000 miles for $9,500. It has all options except leather (I swapped the leather seats with my 2001 that I gave to the kids, it had 125,000 miles).I currently have 135k and am thinking about giving it to the kids. In all that time I have only done the brakes once as well as the stabilizer links. I completely tuned it recently. Since day one the transmission has hesitated when I started (when the car is hot) so I've learned to drive off easy. I average 22 mpg consistently on a tank of gas. I did notice the wheel well had some bubbling paint. Everything about the car is average,consider it's cheap and easy to fix. I own a 97, and 2-98's that my kids drive, I love them

Will never buy a ford
By rich on 05/30/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The power Windows work when they want to. Replace starter/ replace front springs and struts.

It's My Baby!
By Dot Collins on 10/09/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I will probably keep this car until parts are no longer available for it. It handles well, seats comfortably, and rides magnificently. The only thing I would change about it would be a llittle better gas mileage, but I can overlook that for the rest of what it does. It's my baby!

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 04/01/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with only 8000 miles...after 1 yr it started having problems that dealership doesn't know who to fix. Now it getting dangerous. It stalls out & start back up...all electrical comes on with a loud pop, the car dies and starts back up. I almost had a wreak because the steering shuts down during this time and I was not able to complete the turn. Reviewing the web others have had this problems too. I took it to the dealership many times but they could not find out what was causing it. This is the last Ford I will buy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »