2003 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Good Bull 03
By Tom Batz on 12/30/04 15:09 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 model I have has been very dependable and very comfortable. Good family car with good performance on highway and local roads.

Great Value
By Swyler on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After one yr and 22,000 miles, I have no regrets about owning this car. No problems with the car; very comfortable.

Great Family Car
By joesix on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I bought the base model LX because I wanted a mid size no- frills car with a solid reputation and good looks. The finish while not made of expensive materials is tasteful and well laid out. The paint job is awesome! All controls are where they should be. The base engine while not a tire burner has adequate smooth power delivery. This car like every one I have owned has its quirks. When cold the clutch is grabby. The AC system puts out the occasional weird smell during Oregon’s rainy season. It would be nice to have heat to the windows without having to have the AC on. The trunk release seems a little cheap.

mysterious smell
By cindyp on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i like my 2003 ford taurus lx as far as its comfort and fuel enconomy. i have about 4500 miles on it as of april 2003. the only problem with the car is that it gives off a weird smell that smells like oil or exhaust. i have taken it to the dealer,but they cant find anything wrong. they have deoderized the heating and a/c system,but smell comes back. i have no problem with the way the car runs though. just frustrated with the mysterious smell.

Perfect Family Sedan
By 8AMAKTA on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 mustang for this car, its been a blessing. My family needed the extra room for my newborn son and 4year old. My taurus has room for six which helps when you carry your friends or family. As a previous owner of a 96 taurus I love the way they drive and the space they have inside. Fuel economy is great and the A/C system is better than my 98 Honda Civic.