2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
good ford
By Bruce on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive about 33000 miles a year. so far the car hasnt given me one problem. but thats a Ford

Underrated
By CanadianTaurus on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Taurus I've owned and have been impressed how much better this car is compared to the 1999. I have had the car for 16 months and not one mechanical problem. I love the ride of this car and the reliability of it. My brother's 2002 Altima is always in the shop, not my Taurus! What luxury at a great price.

By imadj on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We own a 2003 SEL "Loaded" Not only do we love the car, it must haved loved us. We were resently in an auto accident and I thank God that we were in a Taurus. The saftey fram saved us along with the side and front airbags. I have already put my request in to buy another "2003" Taurus. my rating is "Great" 100%

johnt
By john thomas on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely not one problem mechanically have taken two trips of over 2000 miles and vehicle performed and handled flawlessly

Luxury on the cheap
By Wal-Tar on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I decided on the 2003 Taurus SEL w/Leather, wood, adjstble pedals, mnroof, 6-cd console changer, MACH sound, auto climate control, window lock-out, 200-hp v6, 24valve DOHC, ABS, cruise control, side- mirror entry light, keyless entry, theft/perimeter alarm and more. The car is very, very comfortable (coming from an ex-SUV driver, this wasn't hard to find, however), handles very well, gets about 24mpg on the hwy (I speed a lot). The CD changer in the center console makes access a lot easier than in the trunk. The dealer dropped $1200 off retail list and the $500 rebate from Ford plus the 0.0 percent Ford Credit financing for 60 months.

Pleased
By SLM on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Only 3500 miles thusfar, but I have been surprised with its excellent overall handling and quietness. The 200 HP Duratec engine is impressive. No complaints or problems to report.

so far so good
By Hairball_66007 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have 1200 miles so far (in the first week). But So far so good. We have been getting 23 mpg in mixed driving. This is a loaded car. The only op it dosn't have is the wood kit. It's the first new car for my wife and I in years. We looked Toyota, Honda's and Nissan. The Taurus SEL gave us the most for our money.

If you have to buy American...........
By tbaran on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a good overall value; if you are someone who’s only interest in driving is to get you from point A to B! The engine is strong, if only the brakes and suspension were designed as well. The braking is a very weak part of this package with the suspension close behind. The steering offers virtually no feedback for road feel. It you are a driver get a Passat! If you have to buy American, such as I, then this is a good deal. I have driven American all my life, but my last car was a base 1995 Jetta with the weakest engine you can imagine! The cheap '95' Jetta right now feels more solid and is more fun to drive than this brand new car!

a great value
By cwesley on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With a son in college and some big tuition payments to make, I decided to step down from a 2000 Lincoln LS to a Taurus SEL. The LS was wonderful and very hard to give up. To ease the pain, I got the SEL Premium configuration with all of the options (Silver exterior with Dark Charcoal leather interior). While no match for the LS, it is a great car for the money. It has good power for its class and an impressive array of creature comforts. It handles well when driven aggressively and is smooth down the turnpike. The duratec is know for taking some time to break-in. Even so, I got 27 mpg within the first 1,000 miles. Also can say enough for the Mach stereo.

Problems from the Start
By Burrell on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Taurus we bought a 2000 brand new and after 12000 miles we had to have 8 air bag sensors replaced and the computer as well, that did not even fix the problem so we asked Ford to replace the vehicle, I applaud them because they did replace it. We got a 2002 Taurus right when they were released. We now have 15000 on this one and we are having electrical problems with it, sometimes when you start the car none of the power accessories work (radio, windows, mirrors) nothing and the moon roof will not shut some times. We are going to trade it in for a different car, and not a Ford this time.