Used 2003 Ford Taurus LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Good Bull 03
By Tom Batz

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 model I have has been very dependable and very comfortable. Good family car with good performance on highway and local roads.

Comfortable seating

Get rid of automatic locking

Great Value
By Swyler

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After one yr and 22,000 miles, I have no regrets about owning this car. No problems with the car; very comfortable.

Comfort, conservative styling. Quality at an affordable price.

Any improvements would be likely to increase the cost of the car.

Great Family Car
By joesix

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I bought the base model LX because I wanted a mid size no- frills car with a solid reputation and good looks. The finish while not made of expensive materials is tasteful and well laid out. The paint job is awesome! All controls are where they should be. The base engine while not a tire burner has adequate smooth power delivery. This car like every one I have owned has its quirks. When cold the clutch is grabby. The AC system puts out the occasional weird smell during Oregonís rainy season. It would be nice to have heat to the windows without having to have the AC on. The trunk release seems a little cheap.

The finish is clean and conservative but current. A sixth seat up front is great when we have a visiting relative to cart around. We regularly average upwards of 30 mpg hi-way. Ford did a great job of making this car feel like I spent more than I did.

More power, Cruise control, a CD player, and resolution of the issues above are about it. I didnít buy a $30,000 car, I know that. I did, however, get what I paid for.

mysterious smell
By cindyp

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i like my 2003 ford taurus lx as far as its comfort and fuel enconomy. i have about 4500 miles on it as of april 2003. the only problem with the car is that it gives off a weird smell that smells like oil or exhaust. i have taken it to the dealer,but they cant find anything wrong. they have deoderized the heating and a/c system,but smell comes back. i have no problem with the way the car runs though. just frustrated with the mysterious smell.

in the ford taurus i like that there is plenty of leg room in the backseat even when front seats are all the way back.

Perfect Family Sedan
By 8AMAKTA

2003 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 mustang for this car, its been a blessing. My family needed the extra room for my newborn son and 4year old. My taurus has room for six which helps when you carry your friends or family. As a previous owner of a 96 taurus I love the way they drive and the space they have inside. Fuel economy is great and the A/C system is better than my 98 Honda Civic.

Six passenger, good gas mileage and great design inside and out.

More power for vulcan engine and more options for Lx model.