2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Too many quality issues
By rjhalm on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior and exterior design of the car is beautiful. Good performance from the 24 valve engine. This is my first and last Ford to buy though. In ten months my car has been in the shop seven times. I have had the shift gate, passenger side door seal and brakes replaced in the first three months. Now the car has been in the shop for ten days to replace another shift gate, the steering wheel and is in for the third time for vibration and noise in the drivetrain and they cannot figure out what it is. Not what I expected from a new car. I think I bought a lemon and Ford is dragging their feet. Will never buy one again.

All around value!
By D Miller on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No other car that I have seen on the market truely offers the level of quality and value than Ford Taurus. I work in the auto sales business and I see a lot of cars! Taurus delivers convenience and safety as well as any in the segment. Little things like available adjustable accelerator and brake pedals and five passenger seating make the drive enjoyable. Value is the name of the car game ant Taurus is a major player!

Best Buy!!
By Joe Grinds on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Dollar of dollar, the Ford Taurus pack a real punch in the mid-size market. When I bought this car, I though the drive was fine but was very impresseed by the price. However, after driving it for two months, I have fallen in love with the car. It drives and handles beautifully! I can't believe that it is an American car - No disrespect intended Detriot. My previous car was a Mitsubishi Lancer, but this car drives far better, and at a price that is very competitive! Ford, you now have a convert.

2002 Taurus SES- Outstanding Value
By rayban-usa on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A remarkable vehicle for the price you pay. As a new car it is an exceptional value. As a used vehicle this vehicle is an absolute steal. Let the original owner take the hit on the depreciation for the first year and pick up a one year old Taurus for half price. The SES is stylish and packed with luxury features as well as excellent performance. Take a closer look at this well built vehicle, new or used.

Good value
By crusin14108 on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car at good price,The ride is very good and almost no road noise.

A Lot to Love
By lewme on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since this car is used as a sales rep's vehicle, it's racked up over 40k miles in less than a year. It's all been in comfort and without any problems. The seats are the most comfortable in any car I've owned--even after 8 hours behind the wheel. The driver's "dead pedal" makes for a very comfortable driving position. The A/C is powerful and the stereo sounds great.

Better than an SUV
By LouisF on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a single 40-year-old male, I resisted the idea of buying a wagon initially. The prospect of almost doubling my fuel mileage, while actually gaining cargo space gave me the push to try it. Having lived with it for more than a year, I wouldn't go back to an SUV ever again. The Taurus wagon handles so much better, gets so much better mileage, holds more stuff and is a much better value than any SUV in its price range. I'm a true believer, though I still wouldn't call it a babe magnet.

RDR
By hx40905 on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bot car new and have driven 15000 miles and have had no problems, It has never been back to the dealership, I service it myself at recommended intervals, when all considerations are made price, dealer locations, driveability value for the dollar there is no better midsize.

Family cruiser
By kouptheman on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great sized sedan with all the bells and whistles. Tremendous value, under 25,000 with the free leather and sunroof package! I really enjoy its room, ride, and comfort. People can't beleive it is a Taurus and think it is a true sports car. We have almost 30,000 on the odometer and it has been trouble free. Averaging 24+ mpg on regular fuel.

happy costumer
By Judas and Moanni on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a great vehicle for a small family. It is descent in comfort and great in look. Though it has quite a way to go on fuel economy. As far as power this vehicle does not deliver power, unless it is on the freeway. It is calm and relaxing car, if u have the patience, and time to view scenery this is a good car.