2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford Taurus
By woodcr on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car for the money

Great Car even with +++ mile
By MikeyB on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My son wreched my wife's 97 Escort, this was the replacement car. I am 6'4" and actually fit comfortably and my son in the back seat still has leg room. Car has high mileage but the engine, trans, exterior and interior are still excellent. Ride is wonderful and handles were nicely. Like it better then my 1994 Explorer Limited for long trips much better mileage also, about 30.2 on highway @ 70mph.

Not too bad
By glatz5 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Ford Taurus SES is a good family car and does well in the snow. The fuel consumption is nothing get excited over, tends to burn gas quickly. Interior looks good and well manufactured. No major problems thus far but only an owner for 7 months. Would rate the Taurus "Most bang for the buck" you may notice it would it comes to it's depreciation value.

SEL Premium
By lassie290 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning this car very much. I have just over 28,000 trouble free miles on the car. One small complaint is the rubber at the bottom of the windows stays wet forever. Other than that, I have really enjoyed all the gadgets that came with the car. I do miss heated seats, so I purchased sheepskins for the two front seats. I have found the seats with the sheepskins to be very comfortable on long trips. I also had simulated wood installed on the shifter console and the radio/heater control. Gives the car a richer look, which I felt was missing.

Too much road and air noise
By DHughes on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchashed this vehicle used w/ 15000. While driving on the expressways I get a loud roaring noise coming from the air intake or the fan. This primarily occur between 60- 65mph.The noise goes away after exceeding those speeds. This noise does'nt interfere with the proformance of the vehicle, but it is very annoying.I like the vehicle but don't know what to do about this problem.

Goood car - terrible trade-in value
By javelina on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and Iboth love the car. It's fun to drive, has plenty of power, is manuevarable and reasonably comfortable. Sound system is very good and A/C & Heat are adequate. the gas mileage is not the best although not really bad, averaging about 17 mpg around town. The trade-in value on this vehicle, I have since discovered, is very, very bad. The surprising thing is that it is really a very good car to own, just big and strong enough for most people. I really think that the problem is that it's a FORD. Quality may be Number One but depreciation is really a major factor.

We like it
By Barry Levander on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We just got this car 10/03 We had a '97 Taurus, We like the gas milage on the road, They drive nice, altho the tires are noisey on differant surfaces

Good car for the $
By Susan22503 on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our car was a former rental car and we got it for 10k with 17k miles on it. Pretty good deal. It leaves a few things to be desired. Not great for tall people! I always hit my head. Another problem is that all the doors lock when you put it in drive but only the front unlocks when you park! Very irritating! Interior is a bit cheap looking, but not bad.There is a definate issue with the braking, it is not great and I beleave our rotators are already bad! But for 10k it is really a great car! And hopefully it will last as long as my parents '93 model (it ran perfect into the 150k range!)

best value in it's class for a used car
By domark1 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

couldn't agree more with rayban's review of 8/10. You hit it right on the head!! Very nice care anyway, but as a used car an outstanding value!! This car is an "in-betweener". It's not the standard car everybody wants (Honda Accord/Toyota Camry) but it's also not a stinker either. Most people don't give the Taurus it's due because of the rental car stigma. A very good value for the money. You can steal one of these as a used car where you won't be able to do so with a used Japanese model. I've been impressed and I previously drove Honda's for 13 years. Worth a look. . .

2002 SEL Premium
By Jeff Z. on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The taurus was the last thing I thought I'd buy. After taking it around the block, and then for a "fly by" on the freeway I was sold and so was the car. I got the premium package which inclued every option.The Mach stereo is certainly worth every penny! My friends keeps asking what kind of amp and speakers I have, they are shocked when I tell them it's stock. I have only had the car for almost a year, but I have already installed a performance chip, cold air intake, and added custom dual exhaust, so the 200 hp is now up somwhere around 225 hp. This is one hot "family" car. Come to www.tauruscarclub.com to check out some other opinions as well.