2002 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I think I made the right choice...
By skyman_evans on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2002 Ford Taurus SES. It rides smooth, is roomy, and has a comfortable feel. The only problem I have had so far is a few parts in relating to the heat and air had to be replaced. I would recommend this car to others.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeanie on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sadly, mine was totalled when someone hit me, but I will be getting the exact same vehicle. This car took a head on collision and I am fine.. rides well, no issues, mechanically sound and very well built - my next one will be my third Taurus.... Thank you to the safety engineers....

Taurus '02
By cathe on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very comfortable car to drive. It feels very stable in all driving conditions. It also has been trouble free.

solid value car
By ff2 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've been very pleased with our SEL Taurus. The ride is comfortable and the car has been very solid. No major problems, other than one seat belt mechanism that broke. (covered by warranty) You can get the mileage stated but only if you drive 55-60 mph. We lose about 3 mpg going 65 or higher. We think it is a great value for what we paid, and has been a sharp looking family sedan.

Ford Taurus
By woodcr on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car for the money

Great Car even with +++ mile
By MikeyB on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My son wreched my wife's 97 Escort, this was the replacement car. I am 6'4" and actually fit comfortably and my son in the back seat still has leg room. Car has high mileage but the engine, trans, exterior and interior are still excellent. Ride is wonderful and handles were nicely. Like it better then my 1994 Explorer Limited for long trips much better mileage also, about 30.2 on highway @ 70mph.

Not too bad
By glatz5 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Ford Taurus SES is a good family car and does well in the snow. The fuel consumption is nothing get excited over, tends to burn gas quickly. Interior looks good and well manufactured. No major problems thus far but only an owner for 7 months. Would rate the Taurus "Most bang for the buck" you may notice it would it comes to it's depreciation value.

SEL Premium
By lassie290 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed owning this car very much. I have just over 28,000 trouble free miles on the car. One small complaint is the rubber at the bottom of the windows stays wet forever. Other than that, I have really enjoyed all the gadgets that came with the car. I do miss heated seats, so I purchased sheepskins for the two front seats. I have found the seats with the sheepskins to be very comfortable on long trips. I also had simulated wood installed on the shifter console and the radio/heater control. Gives the car a richer look, which I felt was missing.

Too much road and air noise
By DHughes on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchashed this vehicle used w/ 15000. While driving on the expressways I get a loud roaring noise coming from the air intake or the fan. This primarily occur between 60- 65mph.The noise goes away after exceeding those speeds. This noise does'nt interfere with the proformance of the vehicle, but it is very annoying.I like the vehicle but don't know what to do about this problem.

Goood car - terrible trade-in value
By javelina on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and Iboth love the car. It's fun to drive, has plenty of power, is manuevarable and reasonably comfortable. Sound system is very good and A/C & Heat are adequate. the gas mileage is not the best although not really bad, averaging about 17 mpg around town. The trade-in value on this vehicle, I have since discovered, is very, very bad. The surprising thing is that it is really a very good car to own, just big and strong enough for most people. I really think that the problem is that it's a FORD. Quality may be Number One but depreciation is really a major factor.