2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I've had better.
By DalNLS on 12/15/04 10:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car with tan leather; Arizona Beige paint is beautiful. The 12 valve "Vulcan V6" is an absolute nightmare for passing power.

O2 SEL
By J Tate on 12/03/04 16:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

OK tranportation, but value after buying falls too quickly.Bought for 20k now with 38K miles it's worth $7600. No thanks Ford, not again. The self dimming rear view mirrow is more of nunance than value, doesn't dim enough. Could of used disk brakes on rear instead of drum. If you buy one, get it used and save yourself the loss of value.

Ford Taurus Wagon
By grandad9 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Taurus Wagon has been an excellent car--except for a MAP sensor that had to be replaced. No other problems. I wonder about the power antenna that goes up and down every time the radio/CD is turned on or the engine is started and shut off. How many times will that cycle before failure--it seems unnecessary. The car is roomy, can carry bulky items with no problem The 24V 3.0 is a good engine, it has good pickup and responds well in traffic--no complaints. Good gas mileage for a mid-size wagon--about 26 highway, 20 or so city.

great car
By holly695822 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Taurus is a great fun, reliable car to drive. It is very comfortable and dependable. No problems so far.

I love it
By boochy on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Taurus is a fun, reliable car to drive. It has get up and go when needed and is very comfortable.

I think I made the right choice...
By skyman_evans on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2002 Ford Taurus SES. It rides smooth, is roomy, and has a comfortable feel. The only problem I have had so far is a few parts in relating to the heat and air had to be replaced. I would recommend this car to others.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeanie on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sadly, mine was totalled when someone hit me, but I will be getting the exact same vehicle. This car took a head on collision and I am fine.. rides well, no issues, mechanically sound and very well built - my next one will be my third Taurus.... Thank you to the safety engineers....

Taurus '02
By cathe on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very comfortable car to drive. It feels very stable in all driving conditions. It also has been trouble free.

A great reliable car
By gigfy60 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this wagon for over two years and all I have do so far as maintainance is change the oil and filter.It is a solid vehicle that does its job very well.

solid value car
By ff2 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've been very pleased with our SEL Taurus. The ride is comfortable and the car has been very solid. No major problems, other than one seat belt mechanism that broke. (covered by warranty) You can get the mileage stated but only if you drive 55-60 mph. We lose about 3 mpg going 65 or higher. We think it is a great value for what we paid, and has been a sharp looking family sedan.