2002 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
It's JUNK, don't buy one
By Sam B. on 06/10/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and it has 73500 miles on it. It has been a lot of trouble. Replaced oxygen sensors twice, and coolant reservoir. It could have cost the motor if not caught in time. Door ajar sensors went bad, cruise control started coming on and kicking in by itself. Trunk lid would pop open by itself; just numerous electrical problems. There is a recall on the stop lamp switch and wiring harness, also the EGR pressure sensor. Transmission jerks shifting sometimes. A friend bought one new 3 months after me and had to put a motor in it with less than 10,000 miles on it. This is my second new Ford car with numerous troubles and my last. This car has been serviced regularly and looked after -- not neglected.

2002 Taurus SES
By rrhh on 06/06/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 46000 miles on in like new condition for less than $9k. Runs very smooth, has quiet and comfortable interior. Compare to "cramped" 2001 Honda Accord LX 2.3L I owned before, this Taurus is a winner.

Great Car
By Tom Battiato on 04/22/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The most comfortable and reliable car I have ever owned. Outside of regular maintenance (I change the oil religiously), the only problems I have had were a dead battery (the heat in Florida saps them), and a nail in a tire. This was the best purchase I have ever made, especially for the reasonable price.

WHAT A DEAL
By Les on 03/23/05 13:13 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus used, 1.5 years old, with warranty, for less than half the price of a new one. The biggest surprise was decent handling, even better than my '00 Acura TL (before I changed springs). Lots of room inside, good fuel economy with smaller engine. Something of rarity these days, no ABS, I love it, especially on snow. For some reason there are no aftermarket parts, like lower springs, better shocks, but stock is not so bad. No ridiculous gap between fenders and wheels. My recommendation - get a used one from rental fleet, you'll save tons of money. With 65,000 miles on it, all I've changed was brake pads (twice), tires (3 sets), and ball joints. The car is driven hard and fast, almost problem free.

I've had better.
By DalNLS on 12/15/04 10:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car with tan leather; Arizona Beige paint is beautiful. The 12 valve "Vulcan V6" is an absolute nightmare for passing power.

O2 SEL
By J Tate on 12/03/04 16:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

OK tranportation, but value after buying falls too quickly.Bought for 20k now with 38K miles it's worth $7600. No thanks Ford, not again. The self dimming rear view mirrow is more of nunance than value, doesn't dim enough. Could of used disk brakes on rear instead of drum. If you buy one, get it used and save yourself the loss of value.

great car
By holly695822 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Taurus is a great fun, reliable car to drive. It is very comfortable and dependable. No problems so far.

I love it
By boochy on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Taurus is a fun, reliable car to drive. It has get up and go when needed and is very comfortable.

I think I made the right choice...
By skyman_evans on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2002 Ford Taurus SES. It rides smooth, is roomy, and has a comfortable feel. The only problem I have had so far is a few parts in relating to the heat and air had to be replaced. I would recommend this car to others.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeanie on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sadly, mine was totalled when someone hit me, but I will be getting the exact same vehicle. This car took a head on collision and I am fine.. rides well, no issues, mechanically sound and very well built - my next one will be my third Taurus.... Thank you to the safety engineers....