Used 2002 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great value for the money
By maryland mom

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car new in Dec. 2001, just before our first child was born. It's been a very functional, reliable car. Not sexy, but then again, no one will ever want to steal it. My husband's parents sold us a Chrysler T&C minivan, which we ended up using as our family car for two years. I preferred that for ease of getting kids in and out. But after the van was destroyed in a car accident we went back to the wagon, and it's quite nice. Also I noticed it's easier to fit groceries in the wagon than the van. No major repairs.

Huge room in the back, optional third row rear-facing seat (wouldn't put a kid there, though). Power everything, leather seats. Nice, reliable ride. Nice 0 to 40 acceleration. Stable in winds, etc.

Get the CD changer out of the back. I know this is moot since Taurus is discontnued. Better acceleration between 40 and 60.

Lots of Bang for the Buck
By Mike

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 18K for $10,500. Car has 42K now and it has been a very reliable and solid car. No major problems so far. It rides great, solid feel, firm almost sporty handling for a wagon. Quiet on highway and good mpg. I average 22 city/hwy without trying. Looked at SUVs before buying but the price was about 5K more. I use it mostly for business, constantly loading paper in and out (I own a printing company). Even with 800lbs of paper it handles sound ly with no surprises.This car is not sexy or fast but if you want to get around with lots of stuff or a family and not spend a fortune then it's worth looking into. Overall I am very satisfied. This car is a good fit for my needs.

Great seats, very comfy even after hours on the road. Interior is very large. I can hold more than some of my friends with SUVs can. Still quiet and solid with 42K, no rattles or shakes. I like the looks for a wagon. Lots of creature comforts, can't think of any other options that didn't come with car.

Transmission shifts poorly, Talked to several techs at dealer and it's the nature of the beast. Most of the time it's fine but it seems confused now and then and can't find a happy spot. Guess I'm used to my Caravan. It's very smooth in comparison. Rest of the car is fine.

Great Car
By #1Ford

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have over 80,000 miles on the car and have only had minor repairs on the trim over the door. Other than that the car has been maintenance free, and gets 29 mpg, We drive it 40 miles one way to work every day, and would love to see Ford keep it in their lineup and not replace it.

Seats 6, rides. We like the adjustable pedals, and it is very dependable.

More head room in the front seats, and keep making it instead of replacing it.

Ford Taurus Wagon
By grandad9

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Taurus Wagon has been an excellent car--except for a MAP sensor that had to be replaced. No other problems. I wonder about the power antenna that goes up and down every time the radio/CD is turned on or the engine is started and shut off. How many times will that cycle before failure--it seems unnecessary. The car is roomy, can carry bulky items with no problem The 24V 3.0 is a good engine, it has good pickup and responds well in traffic--no complaints. Good gas mileage for a mid-size wagon--about 26 highway, 20 or so city.

I like the styling, but while the slope of the windshield looks good, it presents a bit of a problem with headroom. Cup holders are handy, front and rear. Good sound system for the Radio/CD player.

Moot point, car is being discontinued-- too bad--would have been better to upgrade the design, maybe offered AWD as an option. Taurus has been a good model for Ford.

A great reliable car
By gigfy60

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this wagon for over two years and all I have do so far as maintainance is change the oil and filter.It is a solid vehicle that does its job very well.

If you consider one of these cars,get the power pedals,they are well worth it. The courtesy lights on the outside mirrors should be included in every Ford vehicle.

Better choice of colors.the armrest console was better in the 96-99 models