Used 2002 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car
By #1Ford

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have over 80,000 miles on the car and have only had minor repairs on the trim over the door. Other than that the car has been maintenance free, and gets 29 mpg, We drive it 40 miles one way to work every day, and would love to see Ford keep it in their lineup and not replace it.

Favorite Features

Seats 6, rides. We like the adjustable pedals, and it is very dependable.

Suggested Improvements

More head room in the front seats, and keep making it instead of replacing it.

Ford Taurus Wagon
By grandad9

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Taurus Wagon has been an excellent car--except for a MAP sensor that had to be replaced. No other problems. I wonder about the power antenna that goes up and down every time the radio/CD is turned on or the engine is started and shut off. How many times will that cycle before failure--it seems unnecessary. The car is roomy, can carry bulky items with no problem The 24V 3.0 is a good engine, it has good pickup and responds well in traffic--no complaints. Good gas mileage for a mid-size wagon--about 26 highway, 20 or so city.

Favorite Features

I like the styling, but while the slope of the windshield looks good, it presents a bit of a problem with headroom. Cup holders are handy, front and rear. Good sound system for the Radio/CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Moot point, car is being discontinued-- too bad--would have been better to upgrade the design, maybe offered AWD as an option. Taurus has been a good model for Ford.

A great reliable car
By gigfy60

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this wagon for over two years and all I have do so far as maintainance is change the oil and filter.It is a solid vehicle that does its job very well.

Favorite Features

If you consider one of these cars,get the power pedals,they are well worth it. The courtesy lights on the outside mirrors should be included in every Ford vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better choice of colors.the armrest console was better in the 96-99 models

A Lot to Love
By lewme

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since this car is used as a sales rep's vehicle, it's racked up over 40k miles in less than a year. It's all been in comfort and without any problems. The seats are the most comfortable in any car I've owned--even after 8 hours behind the wheel. The driver's "dead pedal" makes for a very comfortable driving position. The A/C is powerful and the stereo sounds great.

Favorite Features

Superb seats, great A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter handle is just ugly (it's the little things...). Brakes squeal.

Better than an SUV
By LouisF

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a single 40-year-old male, I resisted the idea of buying a wagon initially. The prospect of almost doubling my fuel mileage, while actually gaining cargo space gave me the push to try it. Having lived with it for more than a year, I wouldn't go back to an SUV ever again. The Taurus wagon handles so much better, gets so much better mileage, holds more stuff and is a much better value than any SUV in its price range. I'm a true believer, though I still wouldn't call it a babe magnet.

Favorite Features

Great A/C and stereo, virtually maintenance-free service.

Suggested Improvements

Use better-quality brake rotors, which have a tendency to warp. I've had them machined twice already.