2002 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2002 Ford Taurus SE
By Kris on 03/16/10 21:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Taurus for about 3 years now the first two years I haven't had anything major done on it besides brakes and oil changes, the last two months I had nothing but troubles with it starting from engine sensors (camshaft) fuel pump , car would die wiring electrical problems, transmission went out completely had to tow it to the dealer I have 85K on it, and I never abuse the car its very well maintained! I may switch to a Japanese car for better reliability

best vehicle we ever owned
By love it on 04/24/09 07:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

it now has 209,000 miles we bought it for mail route no console shift full bench seats which makes it easy to reach mail boxes, We have done brakes 2 times, tires 2 times serpintine belt 1 time uses no oil runs like it did the day we bought it goes in snow front wheel drive heater and ac work great so we got our money out of this vehicle for sure we all so own 2 honda crv which are all so excellent vehicles for mail routes etc so yes the Ford has been great and still is excellent way to go Ford if the other owners are claiming all the problems they state , Well its hard to belive,

keeps on going and going and going
By checkemoutgood on 04/22/09 05:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought it with 256 miles on it now it has 207,000 no problems what so ever just tires brakes etc common maintence we use it for rural mail delivery dones not use oil still runs and drives like the day we bought it never a tranny problem we will keep it till she dies and that may be some time away we used Honda CRV we had 2 of them because they have no console we set in the senter had to reove cup holder we still use a CRV in winter because of the 4/wd drive and Indiana snow storms, This Tarus has been great starts in sub 0 temps and goes great in snow as long as its not real deep way to go Ford

2002 Ford Taurus LX (3.0L V6)
By Wilson on 02/11/09 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First new car for the family. Have now 106,800 miles on it. Besides regular maintenance the only item that has failed was the starter at 106K. Other than that is been just regular oil changes, an a tune up at 106K. Easy to drive, comfortable. We have taken it on many long trips and has always performed very well. We get about 26 miles per gallon on the highway, about 23 in city driving.

Excellent Car
By Craig on 12/06/08 23:36 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I puchased by Taurus new with 14 miles on it and I currently have just shy of 150,000 miles on the odometer. The only thing that has went bad was a door lock actuator that was replaced under warranty at about 60k miles (bought extended warranty). Take care of the filters and change the plugs/wires at 100k and these cars will last you a long time as they are very reliable.

Good practical car
By Mike on 12/04/08 06:37 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The main advantage to this car is the price. I bought this car almost 2 years ago and have had very few problems (knock on wood) and it only cost me $7000 to buy. The comparable Toyota Camry and Honda Accords were going for $14,000 for a 2002 and in my opinion this car looks as nice if not nicer than those two. Also I have leather seats, and a more comfortable ride I believe. Plus it seems more like a luxury car than the two I just mentioned. I think its a status thing that some people feel they have to have a foreign car, but to me it wasn't worth spending an extra $7000 just for I could have a foreign nameplate on the trunk.

2002 Taurus SES
By GreginCT on 08/25/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 2006 with 47K. In 2 years, I've driven it 40,000 miles. Cam shaft synchronizer, water leaking into blower motor and warping rotors have been the problem. Otherwise, starts and runs fine. I get 23-24 mpg city and 25-27 all around. I've gotten 30 mpg on the highway in winter time. Cheap to buy, run, insure and fuel. As someone earlier pointed out, it's not exactly the target for car thieves. Good, reliable, low cost transportation. My third Taurus. Buy this car and spend your money on other things.

Never Thought A Ford
By Your_Honor on 08/19/08 16:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Acura MDX because I was driving 45 miles one way to work. The dealer tallked me into buying the Taurus. I never thought I would own an American car, but it's been a year and I've put 38,000 miles on my car and the most I've spent was 150 on a hose that only the dealer sold. I've driven my car from Atlanta to Connecticut twice, and to Houston Texas and back. Never has this car let me down! But on long trips the drivers seat is very uncomfortable, the gas mileage is not that great at all, the body leans heavy when cornering, and the the transmission can't keep up with the powerful engine. Eat my dust Honda!

Can't think of a better car for the price
By jack on 08/06/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 8,900 miles on it. New price was 21K, I paid 14K. Durotech engine has been great. Just oil changes, air filters, and one tune-up. Front brake pads replaced once, tires replaced once, one wheel alinment. Car now has 80,000 miles on it. Paint still shines, interior is like new, everything still works. No rattles or other noises. Much better car than the Honda I once owned. Very comfortable, handles well, good ride quality. Best part, you can buy them used really cheap unlike overpriced imports.

So far so good
By dj1096 on 07/24/08 05:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus used in '03 with 24K on it. Since I have put another 54k and have had very few problems. The most recent was a water hose that busted. Other then that I haven't had to put much money into it for major repairs (knock on wood). I have all the comforts I wanted (leather, moonroof, spoiler and tinted windows) without having to pay a premium. I average about 21 mpg. The only problm is I lost my a/c a couple years ago and didn't want to pay the $300+ to have it fixed. Otherwise I'm hoping I can drive this for another 5yrs.