2002 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 12

2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford Taurus SE 2001
By geneman on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just got a CPV (certified pre-owned Vehicle) with 15000 miles on it. Love the car, price, and extended warrenty. Brake need improvement for new taurus because of a bit of fading. Otherwise great car, quite, smooth, and great price (13K).

Love it, love it, love it
By Kitty on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really didn't want another Taurus. I drove the Altima, Camry, Maxima, and Gallant. Did I mention I really didn't want another Taurus? But my friend said drive one anyway. I fell in love. New style is to die for. My model is fully loaded..some things are a little extravagant, but oh well!! Drives like a gem. Solid, hugs the road, sporty, practical, and GREAT price. Go ahead!! Splurge on the leather seats..it's worth it!!

I can't believe I bought a Taurus!
By Viking on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Don't take my review numbers too seriously yet, I've only had it for 4 days! The SEL I have has every option but the leather and seems to be VERY solid. The Mach stereo system when setup properly puts out some very impressive sound. The big complaint I have is something that came up when me and my wife went for a drive on Sunday. The seat isn't as comfortable for long trips as I would like, the center of the seat back is hard and makes my back ache, not good. I am going to bring this up when I bring it in.

'02 Ford Taurus SEL w/sport package..
By dmk71 on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle very much..i traded a '00 Honda Accord for it.It seems to ride much better than Honda w/more power and good gas mileage.I have loaded-out model & am especially happy w/adj. pedals,safety group,sport pak. I'd highly recommend this Ford to any- one..my neighbor is trading his '99 Camry after riding in my Taurus!

Problems with 2002 Taurus
By Sherri Chaney on 03/16/02 19:17 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Taurus. We thought we would really like it. It looks nice and handles well. However, Ford neglected to inform us before our purchase that it has an emission control problem which causes it to sputter and stall. We've had ours for about 1 month. They tell us they are aware of the problem and are working on the solution. Hope they find it soon!

great mid size!
By tauruspa on 03/06/02 20:15 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1996 with 143000 miles on it with a grand total of 72.98 in repairs over the life of the car. So that is why you found me in the Ford Showroom again. I had another 1996 taurus before that was totaled ( 3 months old ) But it save my life!!! Great car!!!

Post review
By Condo kid on 03/01/02 20:30 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is firmer than I expected from a car this big and heavy.The performance is somewhat disappointing from the standard engine. It has a good audio system with cd player.

Edmunds Got It Right
By hombregrande10 on 02/24/02 09:05 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had no intention of getting a Taurus when looking for a lease, but Ford has a program offer to good to refuse. Edmunds review, it is right on. A perfect blend of price and good attributes. A whole lot of goodies for the money (spoke wheels, leather seats, etc.). Leather seats are not as comfortable as the fuzzy ones, and the base six could be a little more peppy. Sometimes, not often the transmission gets fooled.

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Wagon
By Mikey C. on 02/20/02 12:30 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I Just bought a Taurus Wagon, We loved the price and the space.Traded in a 99 Explorer Sport which was good but not a family car, also seemed like they kept on building it through all the recalls. The Taurus Wagon is very spacious for cargo and passengers. The roof rack is low enough to load up with out bringing a ladder with you as with SUV's. Ride and handling also are good. Don't know why Ford dosen't put back seat head rests in there cars.

Amazing !
By sanskrit on 02/20/02 01:18 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful car, have it for one month so far and can't believe how smooth the engine is. Fantastic seats and quiet ride. Amazing sound system (I have the MACH). I know previous Taurus models have had reliability problems but I really believe most of these things have been worked out. After all, the engine design has been around for 15 years !! Plan on keeping this car at least 10 years.