2002 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Problems with 2002 Taurus
By Sherri Chaney on 03/16/02 19:17 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Taurus. We thought we would really like it. It looks nice and handles well. However, Ford neglected to inform us before our purchase that it has an emission control problem which causes it to sputter and stall. We've had ours for about 1 month. They tell us they are aware of the problem and are working on the solution. Hope they find it soon!

great mid size!
By tauruspa on 03/06/02 20:15 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1996 with 143000 miles on it with a grand total of 72.98 in repairs over the life of the car. So that is why you found me in the Ford Showroom again. I had another 1996 taurus before that was totaled ( 3 months old ) But it save my life!!! Great car!!!

Post review
By Condo kid on 03/01/02 20:30 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is firmer than I expected from a car this big and heavy.The performance is somewhat disappointing from the standard engine. It has a good audio system with cd player.

Edmunds Got It Right
By hombregrande10 on 02/24/02 09:05 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had no intention of getting a Taurus when looking for a lease, but Ford has a program offer to good to refuse. Edmunds review, it is right on. A perfect blend of price and good attributes. A whole lot of goodies for the money (spoke wheels, leather seats, etc.). Leather seats are not as comfortable as the fuzzy ones, and the base six could be a little more peppy. Sometimes, not often the transmission gets fooled.

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Wagon
By Mikey C. on 02/20/02 12:30 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I Just bought a Taurus Wagon, We loved the price and the space.Traded in a 99 Explorer Sport which was good but not a family car, also seemed like they kept on building it through all the recalls. The Taurus Wagon is very spacious for cargo and passengers. The roof rack is low enough to load up with out bringing a ladder with you as with SUV's. Ride and handling also are good. Don't know why Ford dosen't put back seat head rests in there cars.

2002 TAURUS LX SEDAN
By happy buyer on 02/10/02 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A GREAT CAR TO BUY. NO SUPRISES HERE, JUST SOLID VALUE.AND WITH THE REBATES YOU CAN GET ONE AT THOUSANDS BELOW DEALER COST. YOU CANT LOSE ON THIS ONE. JUST AVOID FIRESTONE TIRES.TRULY A SOLID PURCHASE.

Recommend Ford Taurus with Exceptions
By Dan the Man on 02/02/02 12:17 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My vehicle is a company vehicle. The only complaints I have with this car is the amount of room provided with the standard driver's seat and not having the duratec engine (3.0L 4V the 3.0L 2V is standard). I had a 2001 with no power seat or power pedals and it was unbearable to drive do to the seat not going back far enough(I am 6'3"). I was able to pass that car off and get the 2002 model with a power seat and power petals and now enjoy a comfortable drive.