2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Darn Good Value!
By Jack_Izer on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the best deals out there right now. We took advantage of the $2500 rebate rather than the 0% offer. Clean styling, comfortable seating for 5 (could squeeze 6 in a pinch). Got it for 16,700 - after rebates & before taxes/doc. The LX is the base model, but it comes with power windows/locks & even a passive security system. All this plus a 5 star crash rating. Great car for the money!

Taurus SE - Fine Car!
By Band Man on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We recently replaced our 1997 Escort with a 2002 Taurus SE. We love the features, the color (true blue), and ride. Lots of room inside. We also received a free bottle of touch-up paint in the mail via myford.com - that was a nice surprise!

Definately - Fix Or Repair Daily
By Dawn on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In the shop more than on the road. Poor milage even on the highway. Nice car to have if you prefer to drive a rental car while yours is in the shop.

rust
By shc on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It could be because of design problem. It gets rust easily. I brought a Taurus five years ago. Now, rust is everywhere. I would not buy Ford again. I am not sure whether they are doing what they say: quality is job 1.

Great Car
By 2001umich on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove many cars - BMW 325i, Acura 3.2TL, Audi A4 1.8T, Lexus IS300/ES300, Volvo S60 2.4T, Toyota Camry XLE, Honda Accord EX V6 and this is probably the best value out of the bunch. This car does about 85% of what the top echelon of the group can do and about 90% of the Camry and Accord. Those cars comparably equipped, cost anywhere from $7000 to $17000 more. City Driving - This car navigates fine in the city. Easy to Parallel Park. Highway Driving - The car is stable on the road up to 100 mph. There is plenty of passing power on the duratec and easily will accelerate to 100 mph in 4th gear. The overall car is pretty noise free.

Overall Great Car
By RobertA on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car replaced a 2000 SE with 3.04V. I opted for the same engine but also wanted options. Got everything but engine block heater and wood trim (South Louisiana, who needs it). Tighter and seemingly more solid than my old Taurus, however, performance is down. I could smoke a Crown Vic in my old car, but this one is not as quick off the line or accelerating to pass. This is due to CAFE standards, so I guess I'm out of luck. Otherwise, a great car. Also, rear discs standard on Wagon, not available on sedan.

Silver Bullet
By datmobile on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this car a few days, but what a ride. Still breaking it in, so no racing yet. Expect that I'll have to buy a radar detector soon, the car is only getting started when you hit 70MPH. The 3.0 DOHC motor is the way to go, just remember that it's not a muscle car, so don't expect to kill cars from stoplight to stoplight. What this car is great for is passing those hotrods when they hit 55MPH and have to slow down because they attract so much attention. My silver with black leather sleeper doesn't raise any eyebrows, but that's fine with me. Very quiet, nice ride, lots of room, and massive trunk.

A great car for your money!
By J T on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a very impressive and well built car. Though the smaller of the two 3.0 engines, it offers a very reasonable amount of performance. The only drawback is the lack of comfort in the seating. A trip of more than 30 minutes leaves the driver or front seat passenger itching to stop and stretch, and makes comfortably resting in the passenger seat near impossible.

Ford Taurus SE 2001
By geneman on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just got a CPV (certified pre-owned Vehicle) with 15000 miles on it. Love the car, price, and extended warrenty. Brake need improvement for new taurus because of a bit of fading. Otherwise great car, quite, smooth, and great price (13K).

Love it, love it, love it
By Kitty on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really didn't want another Taurus. I drove the Altima, Camry, Maxima, and Gallant. Did I mention I really didn't want another Taurus? But my friend said drive one anyway. I fell in love. New style is to die for. My model is fully loaded..some things are a little extravagant, but oh well!! Drives like a gem. Solid, hugs the road, sporty, practical, and GREAT price. Go ahead!! Splurge on the leather seats..it's worth it!!