2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford Taurus: The Most UNDERATED VEHICLE
By bevlar on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Ford Taurus, was bought via the internet, after compaig 10 different models--equipment, features, price, etc. In my opinion, the Taurus is one of the most UNDERRATED CARS OF THE PAST FIVE YEARS! The car simply does what you want it to do! The quality, and attention to detail is evident in all aspects--drive train--body integrity-- interior, etc. Not to mention,that Taurus, is Ford's' "Official Race Car"- winning the NASCAR Winston Cup Manufacturers cup in 2002.

Nice car
By crusin14108 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Taurus it's a SES with leather, adjustable pedals, luxury/convenience group. The ride and handling are great and the standard engine is all the power that I need and am happy with gas mileage. It was made in Atlanta and fit and finish is great.

Nothing but Problems
By sithjedi71 on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Taurus SE in January, and since then it has been a continual trip to the shop every 3 months for something different. Thank God you get a warranty. First the ignition switch kept me from being able to turn the key; second the switch that controls shifting went bad; third, this one will make you laugh, the battery shorted itself out?; and just recently I had the right and left sway bars replaced. This car is priced way to high for the poor power the V6 seems to put out, the seats have no real support if you are in the car for extended periods, and the ride could be quieter. I would not recommend this car, not a good value for the money.

Go Japaneze
By rosemarycars on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife as owned this car,two years now with 18,000 miles.Here is the list.Pick up car,AC,does not work,at 8,000 miles front arm needs to be replaced.The dealer asked us, do we drive on bumpy roads?At 15,000 miles the transmission goes.At 15,500 transmission leaks,needed a new oil stick!!!!.At 16,000 miles,the rear end seal is leaking,and at 16,900 the module had to be changed,by the motor.Seatbelts are cheap,and many times dysfunctional.Three recalls,seatbelts,brakes,and the radio.It as the duratech engine,a plus,but thats it.Service as been great,the owner says, what can I do,these things happen.Even the power windows squeak,buy lots of wd-40

transmission
By cat rio on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1999 Taurus. I bought it certified from the dealer. It had 43000 miles on it when I bought it. At 75000 the transmission gave out. It was covered under the extended warranty I bought with the car. I had no problems dealing with Ford for the repair. It broke down 200 miles from my home, and even though I was far from my usual service dept., they treated me well, and repaired it in a reasonable amount of time. I have heard the 1999 trani's go out around 75000 pretty regularly, someting I wish I had known. Other than that...I love the car.

LAST CAR WE THOUGHT OF BUYING
By HAPPY OWNER on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

WE ARE VERY HAPPY WE LEFT TOYOTA AND DROVE BY FORD. GREAT SERVICE AND OUTSTANDING DOLLAR VALUE FOR A VERY NICE STATION WAGON (THE ORIGINAL SUV). SAVED ALOT OF MONEY AND RECEIVED ALOT MORE STANDARD FEATURES, INCLUDING REAR DISC BRAKES (SEL WAGON). BEEN DRIVING FORD TRUCKS FOR 20+ YEARS...FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY. WE EXPECT THE SAME FROM OUR TAURUS.

2001 Ford Taurus SES
By Mike Howard on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in Sept of 2002 as a pre-owned vehicle. I drove a 95 Taurus before that which had a lot of time in the shop so I had looked at a lot of other cars first. The overall value, ride and comfort of the 2001 Taurus made the decision easy. After 5,000 miles, I don't regret purchasing it. I have the smaller 3.0 (2v) standard engine and I think it's sufficient with the 155hp the '95 Taurus had 140hp). I know a lot of people will disagree with that but I do a lot of driving and I wanted some fuel economy (20/28 is what it's rated at). I still have the old Taurus (almost 121K). I'm hoping this new one will last as well.

Great Deal - Poor driver comfort
By rel7997 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got the SE model without the adjustable petals. I find that the seat, pedal distance, and pedal location all add up to make my ride uncomfortable even for short distances. There is just something about it that isn't right. Maybe it is my height (I am 5'8'') but still, it doesn't seem that it was designed to completely put the driver at ease. I have to prop my thigh up with a small towel to give me the distance and height that I need. Besides this, I do feel that the car is a great deal. You get a whole lot of car for not much money. You may not get the performance and build quality of others cars, but it is worth the price.

My Silver Bullet
By Mr.D.J on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After owning the Ford Aerostar mini van for 8 years I find the Taurus SES one fine car. Very stable and solid on the road.Good styling and good gas mileage.

One hot car for the price
By formula79326 on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 2000 lx for the 2002 ses deluxe what a difference, Oh and the 24 valve engine puts the ffv motor to shame. That motor was so slow. This one even with the a/c on you don't even notice any power drain.I would give it two thumbs up!!