2002 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Lots of problems
By cbn4equine on 06/10/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 19 now and as a first car, it was alright. My "trans axle" light came on regularly with no known cause. Hoses came loose causing A/C not to be cold. Last fall I ended up hydroplaning on a main highway. I was (idiotically) not wearing my seat belt when I hit water, lost control, and hit the guardrail on both ends of my car. I spun 360 then 180 and landed in front of the exit sign going 295S to 64E. Luckily, I was not hurt. I tried to turn the car back on, but the wreck completely destroyed the front. One thing that stuck out was that the airbags never deployed when I hit the guardrail and began spinning. If you consider yourself a safe driver then this car may be a good fit.

170000k and still going
By powemicj on 09/15/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

Title says it all

Good practical car
By Mike on 12/04/08 06:37 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The main advantage to this car is the price. I bought this car almost 2 years ago and have had very few problems (knock on wood) and it only cost me $7000 to buy. The comparable Toyota Camry and Honda Accords were going for $14,000 for a 2002 and in my opinion this car looks as nice if not nicer than those two. Also I have leather seats, and a more comfortable ride I believe. Plus it seems more like a luxury car than the two I just mentioned. I think its a status thing that some people feel they have to have a foreign car, but to me it wasn't worth spending an extra $7000 just for I could have a foreign nameplate on the trunk.

2002 Taurus SES
By GreginCT on 08/25/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 2006 with 47K. In 2 years, I've driven it 40,000 miles. Cam shaft synchronizer, water leaking into blower motor and warping rotors have been the problem. Otherwise, starts and runs fine. I get 23-24 mpg city and 25-27 all around. I've gotten 30 mpg on the highway in winter time. Cheap to buy, run, insure and fuel. As someone earlier pointed out, it's not exactly the target for car thieves. Good, reliable, low cost transportation. My third Taurus. Buy this car and spend your money on other things.

Can't think of a better car for the price
By jack on 08/06/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 8,900 miles on it. New price was 21K, I paid 14K. Durotech engine has been great. Just oil changes, air filters, and one tune-up. Front brake pads replaced once, tires replaced once, one wheel alinment. Car now has 80,000 miles on it. Paint still shines, interior is like new, everything still works. No rattles or other noises. Much better car than the Honda I once owned. Very comfortable, handles well, good ride quality. Best part, you can buy them used really cheap unlike overpriced imports.

So far so good
By dj1096 on 07/24/08 05:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus used in '03 with 24K on it. Since I have put another 54k and have had very few problems. The most recent was a water hose that busted. Other then that I haven't had to put much money into it for major repairs (knock on wood). I have all the comforts I wanted (leather, moonroof, spoiler and tinted windows) without having to pay a premium. I average about 21 mpg. The only problm is I lost my a/c a couple years ago and didn't want to pay the $300+ to have it fixed. Otherwise I'm hoping I can drive this for another 5yrs.

Good Basic Car
By gdub4719 on 05/23/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to reduce car payments after getting married and having a larger family. I knew it would be a basic car with no image boosting credentials. It is not, but then again I am in my 30's and "grown up" now. The car has served its purpose greatly and I have few complaints. It is my daily commuter and does so perfectly for the price. I had a 1994 Honda Accord in the late 90's that was less reliable than this thing has been! It drives nicer, but it isn't as sporty. It has more features than I had expected; power seats, puddle lamps, etc. It has a very good ride and is easy to maintain. Cheap, cheap on insurance too.

It's a keeper!
By GMANS97 on 03/06/08 23:44 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Loved this car brand new, but some kids smashed into it while it was parked, and broke the front axle. So now I hear a noise every time I make turns. Gas mpg avg about 21mpg with mixed city/express way. Car has been reliable with only problems being the Fan speed switch has stop working & had malfuntion door ajar one hot summer. Road/wind noise, window's fog up quickly, small/large potholes really send a shiver through car. I have over 47k in 5 yrs and I'm sure this car will last another 10-15yrs easy. It just won't be worth anything in the next 2yrs. This car has been reliable in the worst winters, and is one of the best American cars ever made?

Awesome Car
By Duane Rosenberry on 02/02/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus is an awsome car. Love the looks. Gas mileage and performance. I was in an auto accident yesteray and this car is safe. They guy that hit me was in an Honda suv. He hit me hard. The only damage to my car was a quarter size hole in the bumper. They had to bring the hook to take his car away. This Taurus has only 70,000 on it now and the only problem I've had with this car was the cam shaft synchronizer. Excellent car.

2002 Taurus
By GregoryGalllo on 05/09/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good car for the money. Water leak by blower motor, trans shifts erratically, and the ride is somewhat rough, but it runs well. I get 22-26 mgg (have gotten 30 on highway only). It is my third Taurus. They're cheap to buy, insure, refuel and operate. Plus, real low on the theft list.

1 2 3 4 5 next »