2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Trusty but Rusty
By Jerame on 04/30/10 14:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Ford Taurus for the past 6 years and have 123,000 miles on it and can say it has been a comfortable and dependable car to this point. I had to replace the front rotors at about 90k and have both ball joints replaced in the front end, but outside of that it is a good daily driver. Be careful to watch above the rear fenders for rust as it likes to start from the inside, I found out that they tend to rust very easily due to not being sealed well at the factory, mine didn't show rust until 6 months outside of the 6 year body warranty and the factory would not help. Overall I like to exterior looks and smooth lines, but the rust is getting worse.

Go Japaneze
By rosemarycars on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SES Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife as owned this car,two years now with 18,000 miles.Here is the list.Pick up car,AC,does not work,at 8,000 miles front arm needs to be replaced.The dealer asked us, do we drive on bumpy roads?At 15,000 miles the transmission goes.At 15,500 transmission leaks,needed a new oil stick!!!!.At 16,000 miles,the rear end seal is leaking,and at 16,900 the module had to be changed,by the motor.Seatbelts are cheap,and many times dysfunctional.Three recalls,seatbelts,brakes,and the radio.It as the duratech engine,a plus,but thats it.Service as been great,the owner says, what can I do,these things happen.Even the power windows squeak,buy lots of wd-40