2001 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What Else Could You Want?

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

What Else Could You Want?
By JFIELDS on

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Taurus now for almost 5 years. I bought it new with 3 miles on it. since the day I drove it off the lot I have not had one problem with it, other than the normal brakes and oil changes and tires (also I suggest changing the tires to a better quality...it improves the ride considerably). I do however have a strange rattle noise coming from what I presume to be my windshield (right where the dash meets the windshield) and no one can seem to find out how to fix it or where it is coming from! I love this car and my brother just bought a Ford 500 and I would by another Taurus (which I am due to the 251,000 miles on mine). I would definitely suggest this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 cd changer and the moonroof and the keyless entry and of course the power adjustable pedals. Also the traction control has helped me out in many situations, and my Mach audio system is still as good as the day I drove it off the lot. Great engine.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely the gas mileage...it stinks, but with the other qualities of the car, it outweighs that little minor detail. After all gas just costs money and you just have to work for money right?