2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: The Taurus is NOT just for fam

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SES Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Taurus is NOT just for families!
By C~Dawg on

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 20 years old and I'm in love with my Taurus. Folks, it's not just a family sedan anymore. It's fun to drive, it's very responsive and it's all-around cool. Ford did an excellent job when they revamped th body, because it's absolutely gorgeous. The silly bubble light brakes are gone; now the back of the car looks like something more expensive than a Ford. It's EXCELLENT on gas for a V6. I can get a good 280 miles (city) before I have to fill up. It's very roomy; there's ample trunk space...did I mention it's fun to drive?!

I love the 6-passenger seating, because I love having the transmission shift on the steering column. I like how the middle seat folds out to be a spacious storage area with cup holders and such. I wouldn't have bought any other car!

My only complaint is the muted sound sytem. My old '93 Taurus had a louder system than this one has. The quality is great, but when your favorite song comes on, you want to blast it throughout the neighborhood. I guess I'm off to spend a whole lotta money cuz I want a bangin' system!