Steady car
By TJMc on
2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
A reliable affordable family sedan with decent reliability. I bought the car with less than 15,000 on it in 2003. When maintenance was needed the parts costs were low compared to other cars. Styling was blah. I took care of this vehicle with Oil, tranny and antifreeze changes and it took care of me. Only extraordinary repairs I had were a broken rear coil spring. Air conditioning compressor had to be rebuilt at 110,000. Unfortunately the vehicle was rear ended at 122,000 in July 2009 resulting in the ins company totaling it. Otherwise my son would still be driving it. Good value and reliability for the buck.
Favorite Features
Reliability, low repair costs.
Suggested Improvements
Car didn't have the latest safety options, and it had rear drum brakes which worked fine but disk brakes are better. Unfortunately Ford discontinued this model
By smoo4asw
on 05/15/14 20:00 PM (PDT)

Styling is not an issue with our F-150, except on the inside, where the grey interior is blah. But on the outside it's a looker, even though someone took the chrome logo off the hood guard. It's Flareside, has the two hidden doors, and has the XLT egg crate grill and it's that Vibrant Red color. Awesome-although on the inside you see that it was built for utility and the style stops on the exterior.