2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Reliable Thing- Still

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SES Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Reliable Thing- Still
By ChampionDriver01 on

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus hit 100,000 miles today. It lasted that long. Everything from my last review still applies. I now have another problem to deal with. My low coolant light pops on about once a week. I will turn off the car, and it will not come on (with coolant tank full). My mileage went from 23 to approximately 24.3. The seat quality is still immaculate. I hit a pothole and it put a flat spot in the wheel. My front headlight is still fogged up. I have a good feeling that in 3 years this car will go to my son. Until then or until it dies, my Taurus for me. I will report back at 120-130K. Can't wait until the Five Hundred and Freestyle change to Taurus and Taurus X.

Ditto-60/40 split rear seat, display, radio easy 2 operate, drives like a Porsche (probably because I have the DOHC 24V engine), reliability, features, center console. The console in the bench was awful! Wheels stay clean, pueblo gold metallic shows no road residue.

Rear-seat armrest (fixed in Five Hundred), two-tier and dash storage, wheel quality, but all else ditto- Free maintenance program, offer two- tone colors in interior.