Used 2001 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Bought Used, Traded-in after 6.5 years
By tt

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Taurus SES used at 10K miles from a KS dealership. CARFAX reported car was a former rental in Hawaii. Had no probs until within last 2 yrs--the heater completely stopped working (bad heater core), the fuel gage shows max all the time, two light bulbs burned out behind the speedometer, cruise ctrl OFF button won't work, and check engine light that will not go out. The heater core is a $700 fix. I also had hail damage. I traded it in at 96k miles for a brand- new car. Got $1700 for it. The buying dealer didn't know about the heater being broke, nor about the hail dmg...I traded it in during an ice storm; the ice covered up the damages :)

Large roomy interior

The air conditioning panel all looks too plastic and cheap design. The headlamp knob is also cheap; they were all wobbly and on the verge of falling off.

19¢ / Mile Life Cycle Cost
By ERHandyMan

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic car, currently running strong with 278,000 miles. I gave it to my kids to use at 274,000 and wish I was still driving it. This thing has been rock solid and if I could find another one to do the same I would buy it in a heart beat. Simply the best car I have owned out of 11 cars I have had. I typically get about 180,000 out of them before I either tire of them or the costs start to mount - not with this one!

It drives great, I like the controls and I will never own another car without a sunroof.

None.

My Super Taurus
By taurus_1

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car when it was 4 years old with 100,000 miles on it. After 3 years & 70,000 additional miles on it, its still going strong

CD player, power everything

Get rid of jerky transmissions. It's just a quirk with these cars, it's not really a problem, just annoying

Great Dependable Car
By shooter

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Taurus in 2001 with 14,000 miles. It is now December 2008 and I still have the car with 112000 and counting. I love the car it gets 26 mpg highway and about 19 in town. One time I had a slight shimmy while shifting so I changed the tranny fluid, fixed it. Replaced the egr valve, turned rotors, changed plugs at 100,000, change oil every 5000 miles (use motorcraft) and it keeps on going. The only problem is that the washer fluid hose is busted, the sway bar support rattles and brakes vibrate. Just had our third child and will likely have to sell it. Sure will miss this one. Can't believe I've had this good luck with a Ford, I used to be a Chevy man. Go buy one they are great.

Keyless entry (my car is the SE so it does not have many extras)

Better rotors and pads from the factory.

I like mine
By jrt68

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine for nearly 4 years and haven't put anything into it except a small sensor. It gets me between 25 to 29mpg. I like it and would like to get one of the new Taurus's.

Remote entry, CD player, cruise.

Better acceleration, and 4 wheel discs.