2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
OK Ride - Dependable and Easy to Drive
By Robert in Texas on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 SES DOHC was a rental bought at a dealer in 2002 with 23K. Had initial problems with brakes. Had rotors turned, then had them turned again about 20K later. Had fuel sensor replaced under warranty, idler pulley failed around 40K. Has been trouble free otherwise. Not exciting to drive, but is easy. Good smooth power from the 200hp DOHC engine. Transmission is a little clunky going from 3-4. Have 62K now and all is well. Will be a good car for my teenage daughter.

no engine problems
By Jim Jensen on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Weak front end and suspension system, which I'm finding is typical of Ford. Sound system marginal. Very disappointing car. Good dealership.

A surprisingly good car
By rohada on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It was a company car. Only repair in 85,000 miles was a replaced oxygen sensor. This car would be a great value for someone looking to buy it new and keep it somewhere shy of 100,000 miles. Never stranded me, always started. Though I don't need one for personal use, I have recommended it to those who ask if I would buy one. Performance/fun to drive not in keeping with an Accord, but is is well above average in all other categories.

Got what I paid for
By Eric9dodge on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Ford. Prior to this, I owned a Bronco, 1997 Thunderbird and a '97 Lincon Mark VIII. The Taurus SEL was a step down from the Lincoln, so I must admit that I thought the interior was rather nice for an entry level car. I was disappointed with the comfort of the front seats(used for long trips). I was also disappointed with the fuel economy. Overall, the car drives very well and has a good deal of power at high rpms, but could use a little more effeciency. I have 30,000 miles now, and I have a strut that went bad, other than that, trouble free.

My Ford Taurus
By forgtz on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second car that I can say I have been extremely pleased with. I was in an accident where another car hit me in the left front at 55 mph and I was not injured.

good value for the money
By bensdadzinger on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

have not had my 01 with 49500 on the clock very long and will admit that i was nonplused at being forced into a car from a 4x4 pick up. but i have fallen i love with this car ...i love its ride ,handling , looks ...it took some warming up to but i dont want my pick up back ...good on gas too!...

Second Taurus, dunno why.
By Joe Salama on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well what can I say? It's a Taurus. Mine does not have the 24valve dual overhead-cam engine w/200hp, I have the 3.0L vulcan w/155hp. Performance and fun to drive aren't the questions you should ask when purchasing a Taurus. I all too often get the feeling that I have rented this car rather than purchased it; it blends really well with traffic and you WILL lose it in a parking lot. It is, however, high quality, extremely reliable and practical although it consumes gas as if it had a larger engine; I am averaging 18miles/gallon. Its a good car for the money but loses value really quickly. Its not the best its class or price range.

Nice Car
By STLBOY2 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like this car. It rides well and I have had no problems with it.

Ford Taurus I Wish I Didn't Own
By tampaMan on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We own a 2000 Ford Taurus. Seriously disappointed with the quality and reliability of this car. We also own a Toyota Sienna which we are very happy with. Don't think I'll buy another american car, every one we've owned has been junk.

Inexpensive family car
By philnjean on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A decent family car. Good interior size, large back seat, good size trunk. Adjustable brake pedal is neat. Exterior is stylish and good looking. Poor brakes. Front rotors and pads had to be replaced with just over 36K on them. No standard antilock. Poor fuel economy, about 18 mpg around town. Crappy resale value.