2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Workhorse
By Stangman184 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive between 45,000 and 55,000 miles per Year! I love mine. I bought it with 28,700 miles and it now has 124,100+ miles on it. Routine maint. and a sensor is all I've done to this car. It actually has been more reliable than 3 imports I've owned (Toyota/Hondas), and It gives me better gas mileage than 2 of them. Best bang for the buck in todays market.

Don't Count on It
By kjb in tn on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

OK for about six months but then it all fell apart. Car left me stranded on the highway with no warning. Not once but three times. Each time dealer had car for up to two weeks and computer showed no problems. Finally replaced the fuel pump. This year replaced rear brake system (chalk it up to former life as a rental). In past month car died without warning again. Diagnostics again did not explain stall but did need some faulty sensors replaced. The mystery continues. Don't fault the dealer just a bad product. Quality issues and too many cars in market explain poor resale. Grew up in Ford family and I purchased 4 so far but this will be the last.

Great Used Car w/ Plenty of Extras
By RobthehubofMisty on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SEL. It is more luxurious than I thought it would be. I happened to luck up on this car at a used car dealer and I have been very pleased with it's reliability. I considered spending more for an import, but I'm glad I trusted this Ford. It is one of the more solid cars I've ever owned. Fuel economy is decent, as I have the larger engine. Ride is very comfortable and extremely quite and smooth. For the money, the Taurus has to be one of the best deals out there in terms of reliability, fuel economy, comfort and performance. I give the Taurus SEL 2 thumbs up. Nice.

Taurus Reveiws
By mrfixxright on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am VERY picky on my vech. My 2000 taurus sedan I have owned for over 3 years and has performed flawlessly and have been so happy that I had purchased a 2001 wagon over a year ago. That also was an excel. purchase. They are a great value, comfortable for long trips (and I am not a small person), and perform VERY well, although I HIGHLY recommend getting the 24 valve dura- tech.engine as I have in both of mine as they are touted to be extremely reliable. No problems here !!!! PS EDMUNDS NEEDS TO ADD A SES 2001 WAGON LISTING, THEY ONLY HAVE A SE LISTING, MY WAGON IS A 2001 SES

2001 Ford Taurus
By sue miklajcyk on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a good experience with the car. I took my time in buying since I work in a hospital with steep hills and NY winters I needed a car that had excellent safety ratings and handle well. I have owned 2 tauruses and never had any problems, also the dealerships are wonderful.

Good Value
By Alan Estergomy on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 18,000 miles and it has been a very good purchase. Very good highway car. Been to Florida 3 times and it proved to be a comfortable cruiser. Better value than friends Camry. Taurus has cost me .15 cents per mile so far and Camry cost .37 cents for my friend. Looking forward to a new Ford Five Hundred next year.

wifes car
By Aubrey Gibson on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car Its just time to trade in the next year

OK Ride - Dependable and Easy to Drive
By Robert in Texas on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 SES DOHC was a rental bought at a dealer in 2002 with 23K. Had initial problems with brakes. Had rotors turned, then had them turned again about 20K later. Had fuel sensor replaced under warranty, idler pulley failed around 40K. Has been trouble free otherwise. Not exciting to drive, but is easy. Good smooth power from the 200hp DOHC engine. Transmission is a little clunky going from 3-4. Have 62K now and all is well. Will be a good car for my teenage daughter.

no engine problems
By Jim Jensen on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Weak front end and suspension system, which I'm finding is typical of Ford. Sound system marginal. Very disappointing car. Good dealership.

A surprisingly good car
By rohada on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It was a company car. Only repair in 85,000 miles was a replaced oxygen sensor. This car would be a great value for someone looking to buy it new and keep it somewhere shy of 100,000 miles. Never stranded me, always started. Though I don't need one for personal use, I have recommended it to those who ask if I would buy one. Performance/fun to drive not in keeping with an Accord, but is is well above average in all other categories.